Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 04:33 PM
Kobold

Default MQ question

My apologies in advance if this has been asked before. I was wondering if it is possible to MQ with another one of your characters. If I gave a piece on one character, logged out and got on another and gave the second piece, would I receive the reward? More specifically asking for velious armor quests.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

yes that works
Old 11-10-2018, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

It works, but you have to be careful. Ideally you should kill the quest-giver to be safe, but of course you can't always do that.

The problem is ... let's say the player before you accidentally turns in the gems but not the armor. You bring character #1 and give the NPC the armor, planning to let character #2 turn in the gems and get the reward ... but because the NPC already has the gems, when character #1 gives them the armor, the NPC gives them the reward. Now character #1 has useless armor for a different class, and you wasted your armor turn-in piece.

P.S. And the staff will not refund your items when MQ-ing is involved.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-10-2018, 05:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It works, but you have to be careful. Ideally you should kill the quest-giver to be safe, but of course you can't always do that.

The problem is ... let's say the player before you accidentally turns in the gems but not the armor. You bring character #1 and give the NPC the armor, planning to let character #2 turn in the gems and get the reward ... but because the NPC already has the gems, when character #1 gives them the armor, the NPC gives them the reward. Now character #1 has useless armor for a different class, and you wasted your armor turn-in piece.

What the guy said right over this post. they changed how this works due to earthquakes in order to prevent a persons quest getting screwed up during a random repop (i think). The tables are server side. Not NPC side
Old 11-10-2018, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Ah, I didn't realize the earthquakes had that side effect. Thanks.

Well, good luck to multi-questers then.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-10-2018, 06:34 PM
Kobold

This definitely gives me some clarification, thank you very much! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-11-2018, 06:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Any MQ has this risk, not just the way OP's doing it
Old 11-12-2018, 07:55 AM
Sarnak

I would also make sure to do this at a quiet time with nobody around. Its a long shot, but someone nearby 'could' see you turn in the armor piece then log out to your second character. If they were to turn in the correct gems before you got back, then they would get the reward.
If you didnt know this had happened and logged back in on char2, turned in your gems, you would get nothing.
Closed Thread