Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

Its funny that you think we will see the end of the time line within the next 5 years. Very cute
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 11-13-2018, 07:45 AM
Kobold

A recharge vendor in WC. Not sure how it would work making the vendors stock inventory unbuyable, but damn it would be convenient.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:04 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[*]It probably won't use Luclin zones (a dev awhile back said it was easier to just make brand new zones than to adapt existing ones)
What? LOL

Find me any emu server that has a completely brand new zone and not just an old zone reskinned, or repopulated.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:02 AM
Kobold

I guess it was meant that way. You can only take what your client has and populate it, i.e. new zones.
Not a new zone would be e.g.: take Plane of Nightmare and make it balanced for lvl60 without AAs, hence get all pathings, spawn points, existing quests with dialog...

Vallon Zek (1999-2003) <Boten der Apokalypse, House T'Sai, Innoruuk's Legion, Orden des Lichts, Ancient Orden, Ancient Dawn>
[65 Barb SHM] Stear | [54 DE CLR] Palanthas
Old 11-13-2018, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

Anything that wasn't on the server prior to December 4th, 2001 is the answer.

I think some things can be reasonable custom content, particularly GM events such as Braknar's awesome Halloween event.

It would be cool to do things like that, but not confined to a single evening event. Perhaps there is a series of quests implemented for a 2 month span, no one knows what they are. Gather obscure 'no classic use' items from around Norrath (i.e. force neckbeards to use the other zones they aren't used to).

Rewards can be similar in line to the Halloween loot (removed items such as Rubicite, HEBs, etc) and some ToV loot.

Hell, maybe a custom quest chain for certain bottleneck epic pieces like Mage hate staff, white dragon scale, green dragon scale.

I would favor quests like this to just be extremely long, have multiple possible outcomes, and not be 'raid force' centered. Use your brain instead of your muscle to discover the rewards if you know what I mean.

Keep in mind these are just 'short term' implemented quests for a small time. They disappear, but perhaps re-appear a few years later but there are tweaks to what is needed to be found so you can't rush through it again and farm it.

Best part of the Halloween event is no one knew what to do initially (looking at you wiki), it actually recaptured that feeling of the unknown and rush of excitement from back in the day. Would love to see more of that.

Edit: Ooooh, forgot. Would be nice to use existing NPCs in game and existing drops. Make people run around and hail NPCs and try phrases like back in the day. Reward those that search
Last edited by Rygar; 11-13-2018 at 09:48 AM..
Old 11-13-2018, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What? LOL

Find me any emu server that has a completely brand new zone and not just an old zone reskinned, or repopulated.
Sorry, I worded that poorly. Here's the original quote (responding to another quote, from here):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodo
Almost definitely no scratch-made zones - that would be a ton of work. They'll likely be adding content that already exists, just a tweaked version. I believe I heard mention of trying out some LoY zones? May have just been a rumor.
Surprisingly, it is faster and less work to build from creativity, than it is to research and emulate something existing.
Although Nilbog doesn't explicitly say so, you're very likely correct: he's probably not talking about new 3D zone files, he's talking about using an existing zone file to create an (otherwise) completely new zone, vs. trying to re-create the Luclin (or whatever expansion) version of it.

But that's just my guess, and I know nothing except what the devs (explicitly) say. For all I know Nilbog is really hardcore and does plan to create new 3D zone files. If you want to know for sure you'd have to ask him.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:48 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry, I worded that poorly. Here's the original quote (responding to another quote, from here):

Although Nilbog doesn't explicitly say so, you're very likely correct: he's probably not talking about new 3D zone files, he's talking about using an existing zone file to create an (otherwise) completely new zone, vs. trying to re-create the Luclin (or whatever expansion) version of it.

But that's just my guess, and I know nothing except what the devs (explicitly) say. For all I know Nilbog is really hardcore and does plan to create new 3D zone files. If you want to know for sure you'd have to ask him.
Ok, that makes more sense hahaha. I was like uhhhhh.

I newly redeveloped zones would be pretty bad ass.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:22 PM
Fire Giant

I would like a velious type raid zone in odus. One that has 3-4 raid targets that drop stuff similar to west tov raid targets. That continent is mostly a ghost town (with the exception of the actual ghost towns). Would be nice if there was a velious-raid era type zone by surefall as well. Perhaps make it druid/ranger/qeynos faction so if you kill mobs in there they make you lose faction for that area of the continent. I feel like theres a lot of under utilized zones & lore. Also kerra island, who here has actually gone to this zone? Would be nice if they updated it to be a higher level exp zone, something far out of the way and hard to kill NPCs with a ZEM a little better than solb/lguk.

Also a zone in the EC tunnel called smugglers cavern would be nice with merchants that sell to all races for double the prices. Zone into it from the back of EC tunnel by shady and there would be another underwater entrance in NRO by the coastline closer to EFP.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

On entire Emu since 2005, there was only 1 guy who actually went and made a whole 3 zones from scratch. 2 of them were mostly just empty boxes with a few trees [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And yes I totally get what Nilbog was saying - researching "exactly how it was" is a major pain. If you gonna do non classic content anyway, may as well do Vampires in Juggedpine and completely new set of quests with it. T-client contains crap ton of material (zones, models) all way up to DODH expansion - that's like 200 zones, 300 new npc models and like 500 weapons and shields past Velious. Plenty to pick from.

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:48 AM
Planar Protector

Cats in LDON with some AA's but not others, as well as some PoP zones excluding ones I decided I don't like.

(these threads)