Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-20-2020, 09:43 AM
Large Bat

That did it, something I didn't notice before. Thanks
Old 03-20-2020, 12:41 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by verax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, I love me some nparse, and now I don't want to play without it! Windows Security just flagged mine as a threat, and quarantined it.

Threat Detected: Behavior:Win32/DefenseEvasion.WR!ml
Alert Level: Severe
Detail: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker

Anyone else have anything? It was running fine for the last week or so, until just about an hour ago for me.
I get the same, as well as warnings about a Trojan.

Hopefully it's nothing and someone more technically experienced can explain, but it wouldn't be the first time I've seen a 3rd party or community tool get hijacked to swipe log-in credentials, etc.

I've been a steady user of nParse, but personally am avoiding it for now.
Old 03-21-2020, 02:11 AM
Fire Giant

Love me some nParse! Hoping it'll get updated at some point with more spells (like epic clicks) and buffs, and also some added maps that are still missing.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doujou [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Love me some nParse! Hoping it'll get updated at some point with more spells (like epic clicks) and buffs, and also some added maps that are still missing.
Shaman Epic has been working for some months.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:34 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broggernaut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get the same, as well as warnings about a Trojan.

Hopefully it's nothing and someone more technically experienced can explain, but it wouldn't be the first time I've seen a 3rd party or community tool get hijacked to swipe log-in credentials, etc.

I've been a steady user of nParse, but personally am avoiding it for now.
Ran into this issue this morning.

Quarantined files are in a restricted area where they can't harm your device. They will be removed automatically.

Threat detected: Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml
Alert level: severe
Category: Trojan
Details: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Anyone have any word?
Old 04-03-2020, 11:08 AM
Large Bat

I had this program on my Dropbox, and one day I couldn't share links to files, Dropbox said it scanned nParse and found Malware. Today Windows Defender removed it. Dev needs to make a statement.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:14 AM
Orc

The project is open source -- you can literally go look at the code in GitHub. Y'all out here with pitchforks demanding a statement but this sort of false positive is super common with installers/bundlers because of the way they work. If you're worried about it, go download the source code and run it with a clean install of Python, instead of using the bundled version. I've done work in the codebase on my own fork to add some experimental features, and I can definitely say the code itself has nothing malicious in it.
It's a good thing to be paranoid these days, but the tools are right in front of you to just run it from the source code yourself if you don't trust the binaries you're provided. Also, the dev literally already told you all of this earlier in the thread. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-05-2020, 12:45 PM
Large Bat

Great program, I am having issues Malise. They don't show up? The mob name shows up as if it has been affected by the spell but the Malise timer and graphic doesn't show.

Does anyone else have that issue?
Old 04-05-2020, 10:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicfest2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, the dev literally already told you all of this earlier in the thread. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-11-2020, 02:48 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great program, I am having issues Malise. They don't show up? The mob name shows up as if it has been affected by the spell but the Malise timer and graphic doesn't show.

Does anyone else have that issue?
Yes, I'm having the same issue with Malaisement, the lvl 34 shaman spell of the same line. Never bothered me much when soloing since it lasts so long, but it would be nice to see the timer when debuffing an enchanter's charmed pet.