Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2020, 09:08 AM
Fire Giant

And you know which is the first real version how? Simple answer, you don't. You trust whichever religious leader tells you as such that it's "the first" (and more importantly "the right one")
Old 03-04-2020, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Any version is better than fake space countless other theories
Old 03-04-2020, 10:50 AM
Fire Giant

The bible is just worse harry potter
Old 03-04-2020, 11:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christendom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let your conscience be your guide....
Thats the point. People with morals dont need a book to tell them morals.

If someone needs to tell you something is wrong and you shouldnt do it your morals were iffy to start with.
Old 03-04-2020, 11:50 AM
Fire Giant

All hail Chrost \o/ Our multi tentacled overlord
Old 03-04-2020, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

Man i hope all your characters are agnostic. Can't be worshipping any false gods (except Innoruuk)
Old 03-04-2020, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christendom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Catholicism is my Human Warrior alt. He's Agnostic, since he doesn't have any magick, and he just runs around killing anything that he doesn't agree with.
Monk right?
Old 03-04-2020, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm a little torn on whether I will continue to keep Hermeticism reserved for my shaman, or if it would be better applied to a monk. Catholicism is surely a warrior though.
I feel like warriors are more pure than soldiers. Who are more pure than pure fanatics and zealots or crusaders.

Can we truly judge Catholicism so harshly though? It elevated and enlightened my grandmother and mothers mother. Though there was great pain in it. It was perhaps not the most gentle means of enlightenment. It will perhaps one day pass on and we will be blessed by a better Christendom. I know we are in a state of transition away from Catholicism towards a more new age gospel. Until then, we seem to be beholden still to the ideas in the old testament and the literal interpretation of our modern language. Fundamentally Christ has been a good influence in my life through the Mormon church.

But so has Bhudda, and the Hindu deities, as well as man human philosophers and scientists who in turn were guided by their own beliefs and religious experiences. If something good comes from all this it is that I hope to stop killing myself out of fear for others safety. Because I am a genuinely good person in Christs image, though flawed I am. I don't know. I am rambling. I don't even want to make these posts. I feel like it though. I am afraid I will get in trouble for expressing myself. There is a lot of love and goodness in the universe. The kind people who took care of me while I had COVID19 in the hospital were generous of heart and I believe most acted out of love, even if they work for a misguided and corrupt organization.

It's hard to know what to believe anymore, I just have to keep faith in Christ and myself and hope we come out through this and the next person my soul and spirit inhabits is blessed by my desire for a good life in this one.
Old 03-04-2020, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

I suppose warriors purify themselves through the endurance of pain and the sacrifice of themselves for others. Fits fairly well with Catholic themes. So ya, warrior makes a lot of sense to me now.

Monks are more about self purification and exploration.

Necromancers. What religion are necromancers. Are we satanic? Or is there any good in trying to usurp divine power for ones own self? I feel like we are kind of evil. And there is no getting around that.
Old 03-04-2020, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Druids really scare me a lot. It is very dangerous and a lot of harm can be done when trying to strive for some balance between good and evil, darkness, light, life, and death, destruction, and creation, or rebirth and renewal. I feel like druids do this without much consent.
Closed Thread