Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 01:58 PM
Fire Giant

Default Green, Ring of the Dead, and DE SKs

Hey guys

So I get the Ring of the Dead is a rechargeable clickie self bind for Dark elf SKs, aside from binding in the fire pot room when kunark goes live what novel things can one use this for?

Is a TD bind even worthwhile for a class that cannot gate?
Old 03-14-2020, 08:00 PM
Sarnak

TD is ncie to be able to go to any city in a matter of seconds. Can get a TL to bind / run back to a corpse pretty much anywhere very easily.
Last edited by kaizersoze; 03-14-2020 at 08:01 PM.. Reason: abc
Old 03-16-2020, 01:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Is a TD bind even worthwhile for a class that cannot gate?
Sure. No matter where you die, you can click the pot that goes nearest to where you died.

Or TLs in Velious.
Old 03-16-2020, 03:42 AM
Planar Protector

Pro tip: do not bind in the room, so you can also go to ot/fv...
Old 03-16-2020, 06:06 AM
Planar Protector

Let's not forget that there are also Gate potions available from alchemy vendors for about 1k. Recharging a WC cap is only 180p, but I can imagine there might be circumstances when you'd want to return to a bind point for 1k. I'm not sure it's worth it, but it's possible.

Also, it might be usable for pulling. I think one of the things you can do with a pull class that can bind anywhere is bind yourself in some dungeon (might not be an allowable self-bind location, or it might be era based - I don't know the details), get Translocated to bind, and train a bunch of mobs in order to allow someone else to tag a mob off it for your raid to kill. Is this possible, where, and how?
Old 03-16-2020, 06:08 AM
Planar Protector

Do you have to raise The Dead faction to do this quest, and to what level? Ally, max ally, warmly? If I'm not mistaken, you may have to farm some of the named Gnomes in LFay or CB to raise The Dead faction before you can get the ring. That means getting it isn't a trivial time investment. People will need a pretty good reason to level a DE SK, faction up, and repeatedly do the Thex Mallet quest until you get the Ring of the Dead.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

This is all me future proofing my main all the way through the server's lifecycle.

Theres been a TON of discussions on SK races but never taking the DE self binding "racial" into account or the availability of guises or mana stones.

Is the self bind capability worth going DE versus say Ogre for slam and FSI or Troll for slam, regen (Especially when coupled with a Manastone or https://wiki.project1999.com/Soul_Defiler)

1k gate to the fire pots is pretty steep, trying to think of other ways to manage that or capitalize on the bind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you have to raise The Dead faction to do this quest, and to what level? Ally, max ally, warmly? If I'm not mistaken, you may have to farm some of the named Gnomes in LFay or CB to raise The Dead faction before you can get the ring. That means getting it isn't a trivial time investment. People will need a pretty good reason to level a DE SK, faction up, and repeatedly do the Thex Mallet quest until you get the Ring of the Dead.
Its my understanding you can do the quest with the default faction a DE SK or NEC starts with, however the recharge quest where u hand the ring and 1pp or 10 gold requires Warmly faction.
Last edited by Danger; 03-16-2020 at 12:08 PM..
Old 03-16-2020, 07:08 PM
Banned

Troll and Ogre abilities most likely trump Dark Elf given situation because of another item which is out for short time at Kunark release:

Locket of Escape. This is functional for all melee and not just DE. If someone can't get one (it'll likely be a /list item) then you can pay another 10k for a recharge for bind vs only 10 gold with Ring of Dead. So cost of the bind is the main difference and 10k is a big difference.

Whether that is worth giving up Regeneration or Frontal Stun for the lifetime of a character to be able to bind all the time... for most people this is not worth it without the ability to gate. Of course others may choose different as there are a small number of Dark Elf SKs compared to other Sk races.

As far as looking like a Dark Elf while having Regen or Frontal Stun Immunity, any other SK can do so by getting a Guise. Only a couple months left to go that route.
Old 03-16-2020, 07:14 PM
Banned

Realized I didn't answer the original question:

Plane of Mischef is a popular bind point for melee later on if they have Locket of Escape charge or Ring of the Dead
Old 03-16-2020, 08:14 PM
Planar Protector

Scenario: you bound your Dark Elf SK in Plane of Mischief with a Ring of the Dead and you stay stocked with 1-2 Gate potions. You hear that Kelorek'Dar has just spawned in Cobalt Scar, or that a rare named has spawned in Plane of Mischief, Siren's Grotto, or Western Wastes, and you hit your gate potion, drop out of POM, and race to the mob. Of course, you have Levitate on all the time thanks to your Pegasus Feather Cloak or Bobbing Corpse earring.
Step 2: ???
Step 3: PROFIT!

The problem with this is that a necro can do all of that and solo better. But I guess if you need a tank that can bind itself and use a Gate potion, it's gotta be a DE SK.
Closed Thread