Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by walfreyydo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, they had item loot on live. The result was almost exclusive use of naked casters and no melee.

Is that what you want? Because thats exactly what will happen, and thats exactly why Verant went to coin loot. Think about it...
I played on rallos zek

It was item loot until LDON allowed augments, and even then it was still item loot except good stuff had augments which made it no drop. Didn't switch to no item loot until the server merge.

It was the highest population pvp server for its entire history.

Naked casters are great for low levels. If all their spells are landing, they are fighting another naked person with no items worth taking, and the result is the exact same as if there was no item loot, since the item loot transaction is almost meaningless when they're looting a piece of banded or cloth armor. This is a dumb point coming from someone who never played. Naked casters at level zero always beat naked melees at level zero, item loot or not.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-31-2019, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

A naked caster would be exactly what I want, lol There is nothing more satisfying than killing naked people in everquest.
Old 10-31-2019, 03:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by walfreyydo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My experience on RoZ was widespread use of ShowEQ and no enforcement. Boxing also sucks
They still sucked even with cheats on that server. Loved the tears.
Old 10-31-2019, 03:32 PM
Aviak

Honestly, The low numbers on blue is almost motivation to start playing again.

.. Until I log in and /w all seb ... still jammed... #*@($
Last edited by Ataxio; 10-31-2019 at 03:35 PM..
Old 10-31-2019, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A naked caster would be exactly what I want, lol There is nothing more satisfying than killing naked people in everquest.
Fully acceptaball. Good timez for all.

I just get surprised when people act like item loot makes naked casters such a big problem. Like...errr derr every noob level 1 to whatever has nothing to lose from item loot. Only twinks.

Basically if there is a PVP level range limit like +-4 rallos style, than it should be item loot.

If not item loot, it should be unlimited PVP level range because level 60's being able to kill level 1's means that those level 60's have no reason to make a twink PK, and then other level 60's can battle them after they slay noobs.

Optimal is pvp level range and item loot so that there can be "real" ish pvp at all levels instead of just level 60.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:34 PM
Fire Giant

I'd probably try a teams server if it was fresh but the market has spoken and the vast majority of p99 players do not favor pvp.

EQ is a huge timesink and most of us have careers. Some loser with no job griefing me so he can steal the camp I waited for is not my idea of a good time.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Green is such a success I don't see why they don't make it the new pvp server, tbh. Giving the bluebies this headstart without pvp would be the best way to ensure they stay on the server, and we know green is populated enough to maintain healthy pvp competition.

Dare we dream? :O
Old 10-31-2019, 09:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
opponents of pvp, in my experience, always just assume they're going to lose any hypothetical pvp encounter. You just might win you know, and you might have fun in the process.
Say I'm average and I win half of my encounters. The guy who wins gets what? The guy who loses has, on average, 20 minutes worth of work (very generous estimate) to collect his corpse, buff, mem spells, etc. Where is the benefit here for anyone? Every encounter results in someone wasting huge amounts of time. Thats why there are less than 20 people on your server.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You haven't played PvP before and shit kind of shows here but alright for the sake of discussion I'll take your numbers. The 20 minutes you lost from a pvp encounter that didn't go your way you gain in other encounters through not having to sit around for 2 hours on a list, or sit in an orderly line for a quest hand in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkk9ycj9ieo

that is disgusting.

you win some, you lose some but overall the enormous time sinks are eliminated if you get your bros and take it.
I have no idea what that video is trying to demonstrate. I do not play that kind of EQ.

You and your "bros" come take a camp after someone kills you. You're proving my point. Even if I win the encounter, you seriously expect me to waste my time clearing to some camp in a dungeon so you can train me and/or kill me when I'm weak and take it? Thats garbage. My time is valuable to me.

Its prime time and you got 19 people logged in so I'm pretty sure I'm right here.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no idea what that video is trying to demonstrate. I do not play that kind of EQ.

You and your "bros" come take a camp after someone kills you. You're proving my point. Even if I win the encounter, you seriously expect me to waste my time clearing to some camp in a dungeon so you can train me and/or kill me when I'm weak and take it? Thats garbage. My time is valuable to me.

Its prime time and you got 19 people logged in so I'm pretty sure I'm right here.
PvP is a much better way of handling the problem of limited resources, but that's not the only reason we love it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's FUN, and it adds a layer of depth to the social experience that is EverQuest. Blue servers suck because they artificially limit the ways in which players can interact with one another. On a pvp server, having people you trust actually means something. On a blue server, every player you don't immediately interact with may as well not even be there.

Why is it that bluebies have nostalgic memories of being one-shotted by Cazel, but then go on to say things like "my time is valuable; losing a fight and having to run back to my corpse is the exact OPPOSITE of fun"? Makes zero sense [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread