Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2020, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It drops from a mob you can kill with a dozen 52s. It’s already trivial. The problem with adding the scale to TOV is it turns white scale into ‘free pixels’ as those dragons are already killed on spawn, and furthermore it makes the game smaller as it removes incentive to bother with gore and vox.

While I like the idea of ToV as a shitsump for basement dwellers, I think it is important there are motivations to step outside for other pixels. This is why I suggest adding the loot to white dragons in WW and WL. They are no more trivial than vox, and it will motivate players to engage with otherwise underused content.
That's reasonable, so apologies if I misunderstood. Vox, like a lot of raid targets, is challenging because of the meta and raid environment which requires FTE very quickly to get the kill, more so than because of the difficulty of the encounter itself. Gore is a legitimately difficult encounter since the push-to-interrupt nerf, though.

IMO it would be reasonable if green and white scales dropped off of *something* that was a 3-day spawn as opposed to a 7-day spawn, or off of additional 7-day spawns, which is why I suggested ToV dragons. WW dragons that respawn every 8 hours would maybe be *too* common. Maybe add the ancient warders to ST (I know, I know - not classic because out of timeline) and put scales on their loot tables? I don't know. Just bandying about ideas.
Old 07-24-2020, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Yea, maybe not on the ‘smaller’ ww white dragons. Cargalia probably should have some scales worthy of an epic.

Something in ST sounds like a good call. I was gonna say make it useful for something besides weapons, but bard epic is of course a weapon too ��.

It is of course all hypothetical.
Old 07-24-2020, 02:09 PM
Kobold

You guys can’t do this to me! I’ve written off the Bard epic as totally undoable, but this discussion just gives me unrealistic hope haha. I don’t think I’ve heard of P99 altering any drops to be “non-classic”. Is there any precedent?
Old 07-24-2020, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Probably zero chance Saisu.

There is nothing stopping the player base from agreeing on a rotation though.
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 07-24-2020, 02:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks, that’s the cold dose of reality I needed.
Old 07-24-2020, 03:07 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Just tossing the items on the loot tables of a couple extra mobs isn't going to do much to solve the issue. Going the way that SOE eventually did with Ragefire would be a better solution. The challenge with going that route is there isn't really enough high level roaming mobs in Kunark to put the collection pieces on.
Old 07-24-2020, 04:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There is nothing stopping the player base from agreeing on a rotation though.
Thats where your wrong. The lust for pixels among the vast majority of players on the server say otherwise.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:34 PM
Fire Giant

There are bards in every guild that want their epics, and they, with their friends, will pursue this endeavour with varying degrees of effort and success.
Old 07-29-2020, 03:17 AM
Kobold

Kinda silly that there's a class like Bards that every guild has that want their epics, and then there are classes like Clerics and Monks who all have their epics.
Shamzoukas Shaman
Healzoukas Ranger
Old 07-29-2020, 03:51 AM
Banned

Unfortunately for some classes the epic quests were all designed by different people and they weren't balanced against each other to make sure none were much harder or easier than each other so some classes got totally screwed.
Closed Thread