Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

I was in in a language class at the time, though I don't really remember anything t beyond that. I do recall being confused though about the WMD speech and our declaration of war on Iraq when the incident with towers was regarded as as terrorism. Don't really remember anything about EQ at the time.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

I woke up at 2pm or just before (near 9am EST) and turned the TV on (something I never do anymore). Noticed whatever was supposed to be on was replaced with the news on 2 channels showing the first building on fire.

At the time they were still speculating what had caused it and info was sketchy. ITV News said that a group called "The Red Hand" or something had tried to claim they had set fire to the building (lol)

Couldn't believe it when the towers collapsed...like right in the middle of New York. I'd been to Boston (MA) with my dad and brother about a year before that and couldn't even imagine something like that happening in a big American city.

As far as EQ went, I was XP'ing in Dreadlands on my iksar shaman and everyone was chatting about it in ooc.

I'm very much a conspiracy theorist on the issue, too many screw ups with the media narrative and probably the reason why anything on that scale hasn't happened since.

More people died from the clearup operation from illnesses relating to asbestos and some other shitty chemicals than on the day itself.

RIP to them all and any civilian casualties in Iraq/Afghanistan since.
Closed Thread