Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just make recycle server and solve everyones problems at once.
pvp teams server would fix everything at once, make p99 great again
Old 10-05-2016, 01:41 PM
Banned

recycle teams, swap to blue/red at the end.

Life would be goog.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
recycle teams, swap to blue/red at the end.

Life would be goog.
Theres nothing to hate about this idea, we should consider it going forward ^^
Old 10-25-2016, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

Yes panthion! I hope its not a flop. I can see myself coming back here even if it is a success though.
What I'm here for is probably much different than many of you. Many of you are here out of nostalgia. I have no nostalgia for EQ. In fact the first time seriously playing it was on live a while after they announced the new upcoming expansion on facebook. Looking for an MMO for years none of them ever peaked my interest or scratched that itch the same way vanilla wow did, I said to myself "I remember fiddling with EQ a long time ago. Everyone said it was hard and I love retro and hard." I told my wife about it and we decided to download the FTP client. We started playing until about lv15 or so before realising that this was not the same game. I googled private servers classic everquest and this poped up. I've been hooked since. What really made me stray away from EQ originally was the graphice and UI. I absolutely hated it. With P99 i can upgrade the graphics and it uses the new UI. Basically everything I was looking for in an MMO. There is no wonder why I was instantly hooked. Pure classic gameplay.
Last edited by A1rh3ad; 10-25-2016 at 04:06 PM..
Old 10-25-2016, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1rh3ad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone said it was hard and I love retro and hard.
What are we talking about again?
Old 10-25-2016, 04:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are we talking about again?
Oh and did I mention its big and very long?
Old 10-26-2016, 03:23 PM
Fire Giant

This thread is kind of funny. Not that I really care, but there are already many changes in place that make this very much not "pure classic gameplay". And I agree with many that "did the debts intend for this" should be asked much more often than it is. But, if they go much further than they already have. They will have to open the door to all sorts of non classic changes. Sure, some of them would be great things to change in my oppinion,(cough cough, pets eating exp when solo unless I outdamage them, but oh ya, they can't taunt or hold Agro at all, cough cough). But forcing people to group, removing clickies, editing zones and mobs to change how it's possible to pull them, increasing exp gain for groups, these things would be completely not cool, and not classic.

The reason exp gets cut when grouped, is because it's being shared by the whole group.... And with the group working as a team, you should be killing so fast and efficiently so as to gain more exp then soloing. Chainpullers for the win.

Also...... server reset isn't a bad idea, everyone would bitch and moan and whine and gripe..... and then come right back, saw it several times with Uthgarf. Everyone crying that a reset would make everyone leave when in reality, maybe two hundred of the twelve hundred didn't come right back. But within a month everyone was always back and it was healthy for the server every time. I'm not saying do it, just saying it usually isn't as big a deal as everyone makes it out to be.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread is kind of funny. Not that I really care, but there are already many changes in place that make this very much not "pure classic gameplay". And I agree with many that "did the debts intend for this" should be asked much more often than it is. But, if they go much further than they already have. They will have to open the door to all sorts of non classic changes. Sure, some of them would be great things to change in my oppinion,(cough cough, pets eating exp when solo unless I outdamage them, but oh ya, they can't taunt or hold Agro at all, cough cough). But forcing people to group, removing clickies, editing zones and mobs to change how it's possible to pull them, increasing exp gain for groups, these things would be completely not cool, and not classic.

The reason exp gets cut when grouped, is because it's being shared by the whole group.... And with the group working as a team, you should be killing so fast and efficiently so as to gain more exp then soloing. Chainpullers for the win.

Also...... server reset isn't a bad idea, everyone would bitch and moan and whine and gripe..... and then come right back, saw it several times with Uthgarf. Everyone crying that a reset would make everyone leave when in reality, maybe two hundred of the twelve hundred didn't come right back. But within a month everyone was always back and it was healthy for the server every time. I'm not saying do it, just saying it usually isn't as big a deal as everyone makes it out to be.
Truth.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:40 PM
Skeleton

Is there a reason the group bonus exp can't be roughly calibrated so that neither grouping nor soloing is preferable? So that folks whose idea of 'classic' is being able to do certain solo tactics in certain zones, as they remember it, can; and those who want it to be more social can do so without any penalty? Even just narrowing this gap by a fair bit would achieve this balance, I imagine.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

Classic in spirit, or classic experience, would only be possible if the game were practically unrecognizable as everquest.

What made the game back then was how novel it all was to us. Very few people knew the zones, the quests, the mechanics, the gear, the exploit tricks, like many of us do now. Nobody had resources anything like the p99 wiki. We generally had poor internet and no voip. Few visited forums.

To recreate what classic felt like for most people would mean redoing most of the game so that the players again are going in fresh.

But odds are that ruin the game for the sort of people who tracked down and play the current p99, imo.
Closed Thread