Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 11:26 PM
Large Rat

Question Quick question about RP population on blue server

Hello I'm curious as to the state of RP on p1999 blue, as far as does anyone actually RP? Also I'm working on acquiring a copy of the install media and would also be getting an ip exclusion as my wife would be joining me ((hopefully)), so anyone who could give me some advice it would be appreciated thanks.
Old 01-27-2021, 12:53 AM
Planar Protector

There's been room for a good roleplay exclusive guild for years, I don't think its ever been done.

To run events and play out stories in popular areas etc would be a great thing for the community.

Have you checked out the project1999 reddit? That's a good forum too.
Old 01-27-2021, 07:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bguyosti890 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello I'm curious as to the state of RP on p1999 blue, as far as does anyone actually RP?
Quick answer: About nobody normally does that, in the stereotypical sense. Once in a great while you might run into a Troll or Ogre player who talks funny or perhaps a Barbarian or Dwarf who might use more "aye's" than usual. Very rarely some player or group of players might run a one-time RP-themed event. That's about the limit of it on P99 insofar as I'm aware.

Danth
Old 01-27-2021, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah mostly pixel lust rotted psychopaths

But there is definitely a space for a dedicated traditional role playing guild on any of the project 1999 servers. TBH the best place would be the red server since its very difficult to roleplay and heavily lawyerquest over every single mob spawn at the same time and on Red you can get some mobs and have an evil enemy to content with too since no doubt your guild might be the target of all the twink PK's on red that are lying dormant.

At the very least, red 99 now would be good practice for red 2.0 which will be the next fresh project 1999 server, and your guilds PVP experience though limited with low pop on red 99 now would give you a big leg up.

Just a thought though. Good luck!
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-27-2021, 03:12 PM
Kobold

I think it would be cool to allow a "DM" to create "campaigns" with pre-approved content and rewards worked out with GMs and such.

Nothing game breaking, just fun and unique.
Old 01-27-2021, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

You can. You just have to get the rewards from existing content via existing methods.

And the content is the existing content [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You add NPC's by having guildies stand around with RUN turned off and having macros for quest responses. Its great. I got to do a few of these in olden times.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-27-2021, 08:53 PM
Aviak

Scroll down a couple posts to one called "your mission, should you choose to accept it" and you'll find something related. Me and another guy just ran a player made quest but thats about the extent of it as far as on the server. For what its worth we are going to roll more out. It didn't get a lot of attention I guess but the feedback we did get was overwhelmingly positive. But permanent role play , no.
Old 01-29-2021, 11:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah mostly pixel lust rotted psychopaths

But there is definitely a space for a dedicated traditional role playing guild on any of the project 1999 servers. TBH the best place would be the red server since its very difficult to roleplay and heavily lawyerquest over every single mob spawn at the same time and on Red you can get some mobs and have an evil enemy to content with too since no doubt your guild might be the target of all the twink PK's on red that are lying dormant.

At the very least, red 99 now would be good practice for red 2.0 which will be the next fresh project 1999 server, and your guilds PVP experience though limited with low pop on red 99 now would give you a big leg up.

Just a thought though. Good luck!
Gusto, recently I was championing for the Red server myself. But after 55 levels on that server I couldn't take it anymore. I think this is not good advice for someone wanting to start a RP guild. You really think the 25-50 people who co distantly play on Red would be enough to build this guild...it isn't. Also out of that 25-50 there are too many full time griefers that they would wreck any idea of fun for a perceived RP guild. I am not bashing the server pop by these comments either, I actually really liked that part of Red. But it is a reason to NOT RP on red.
Old 01-29-2021, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

Not much of it. I like to write stories now and then.

I think a RP-light guild would be cool. As Danth said I think full on in character RP is a bit much for most people. I do remember a guild back on live <Ascension of the Damned> that I was part of. It was pretty cool only evil aligned characters could join. People were kind of quasi in character I guess. Talked as though were members of a dark elven House, but it wasn't anything strict.

Anyways, I think you kind of need a theme for it to work, is what I'm getting at.
Old 01-29-2021, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

On green there is a fraternal order of erudites known as the Dark Men of Odus, but that is the only rp guild that I’ve seen on p99 since I’ve been around.
Closed Thread