Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 02:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ma Bell and Edison were eventually required to provide service to everyone whether they liked their customers' politics or not. The local newspaper was NOT required to print editorials it disliked. There's a difference between carriers and publishers. Twitter blocking users for political reasons is distasteful but probably similar to newspapers. I definitely care a whole lot more when an ISP or a web hosting service drops someone it dislikes. Those types of services really ought to be regulated as utilities (ISPs are, to a degree). This is, I think, a case where legislation hasn't caught up with technology. Living history is never as easy as reading it, and it took decades for lawmakers to catch up with the traditional utilities as well.

Danth
Those services were regulated to a degree but then the patriots got rid of it lol

You cant make this shit up.
Old 01-28-2021, 02:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those services were regulated to a degree but then the patriots got rid of it lol

You cant make this shit up.
Totally agree on that point, it's absurd and all we can do is smack our foreheads and laugh.
Old 01-28-2021, 03:05 AM
Planar Protector

I cant wait for part 2 to come out.

Or maybe that was part 2 and the next one is our last one. lol
Old 01-28-2021, 03:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Totally agree on that point, it's absurd and all we can do is smack our foreheads and laugh.
It’s really disingenuous to claim one side of the aisle loves everything it’s sides politicians do. Conservatives and Liberals strongly dislike most things that politicians do, this is the problem. When people then pretend that the opposing side loves everything it’s representatives do. We get a world where conservatives are all nazis and all lefties are commies. Carry on
Old 01-28-2021, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Of course Sioux. My comment was implicitly directed towards those folks who supported such actions, not necessarily at everyone from one party or the other. I trust a reader to recognize such distinctions so we don't all have to write half a dozen disclaimers any time we want to say anything.

Danth
Old 01-28-2021, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-28-2021, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

I <3 my firearms and they can take them from my cold, dead hands.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

I am pretty sure nobody wants to take your guns. Its a carrot on a stick so the GOP can control you like a sheep
Old 01-28-2021, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am pretty sure nobody wants to take your guns. Its a carrot on a stick so the GOP can control you like a sheep
baaaaaaa motherfucker, baaaaaaaa

oh btw biden already started a buyback program - wanna take a guess as to what comes after that?
Old 01-28-2021, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s really disingenuous to claim one side of the aisle loves everything it’s sides politicians do.
yea true, like patriots and libertarians used to like a free market, but now they are commies that want to regulate the media. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread