Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Add shorty hybrids?
Yes, because I like them. 46 75.41%
No, because I do not like them. 15 24.59%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2021, 11:29 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah they should also add Ogre monks and and Troll wizards with that patch too!
Old 01-21-2021, 12:06 AM
Sarnak

Gnome SK and Halfling rangers just make sense.

Gnomes can be necros, all the spells are there for them to buy.

Halfling can be druids, all the spells are there for them to buy.

In this time of great turmoil, we need short shadowknights and lil ranger dudes.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
Old 01-21-2021, 01:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do the new combos add any new factions? Might be a decent amount of work if so. Otherwise I don't see a lot of harm. Might as well release beastlords while your at it. At which point you may as well release Luclin.

It's settled then. Luclin release coming fall 2021.

Cheers.
Adding Beastlords, even without Luclin (just BAR,TRL,OGR, IKS) would wreck balance hard (Not to mention Epic wouldn't be doable). Beastlords were SO busted. Melee class that can haste, slow, buff, regen, and has a pet that's almost on par with mage and necro....like seriously the only thing I missed when I played a Beastlord was root and snare. Pet procs even interrupted casters!
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Adding Beastlords, even without Luclin (just BAR,TRL,OGR, IKS) would wreck balance hard (Not to mention Epic wouldn't be doable). Beastlords were SO busted. Melee class that can haste, slow, buff, regen, and has a pet that's almost on par with mage and necro....like seriously the only thing I missed when I played a Beastlord was root and snare. Pet procs even interrupted casters!
You do know enchanters, shamans and necros already exist right? Beasts are in no way busted compared to the already absurdly unbalanced classes in solo p99.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jolanar I would edit your post. Affirming luclin is a bannable offense.
Did not know that. Edit button already gone. RIP my account [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-21-2021, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah they should also add Ogre monks and and Troll wizards with that patch too!
You just reminded me half elf bandits can be wizards. I wonder who trains them? It’s sure not any of the city schools!
Old 01-21-2021, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You just reminded me half elf bandits can be wizards. I wonder who trains them? It’s sure not any of the city schools!
Bertox sewer crew
Old 01-21-2021, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Did not know that. Edit button already gone. RIP my account [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just goofing around, sorry if I tricked you. (Diety Selection: Bristlebane)

The vanilla class / race combinations are pretty good. The exception might be barbarian rogues just because they are OP vs other rogue races due to throwing boulders, and how do barbarians sneak? Conan always had to hire a rogue. It doesn't seem to fit with the Tribunal lifestyle. I wonder if there is a D&D connection for the barb rogue.

Just picture Frodo in the role of Strider / Aragorn in lord of the rings and you can see why a halfling isn't a ranger.

The race / class restrictions in EQ are a cool aspect.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-21-2021, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just goofing around, sorry if I tricked you. (Diety Selection: Bristlebane)

The vanilla class / race combinations are pretty good. The exception might be barbarian rogues just because they are OP vs other rogue races due to throwing boulders, and how do barbarians sneak? Conan always had to hire a rogue. It doesn't seem to fit with the Tribunal lifestyle. I wonder if there is a D&D connection for the barb rogue.

Just picture Frodo in the role of Strider / Aragorn in lord of the rings and you can see why a halfling isn't a ranger.

The race / class restrictions in EQ are a cool aspect.
I think rogues can fit into tribunal. The courts need detectives to gather evidence, maintain underworld contacts, perform assassinations to right/prevent greater injustices, no?

Also, reminds me of the comic where Hulk and Wolverine goes undercover. No one buys it, but they’d rather deal with these two’s under cover identities than get in a scrap with the real deal.

140 Str Barbarian just stole crown jewels? Nope I didn’t see you, just get out before I notice you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

I do agree the restrictions add more flavour than they remove. The quirky religions combos are enough. I wish halfling wars could bristlebane. Combat unfortunately has gallows / black / physical comedy, right?
Last edited by Jimjam; 01-21-2021 at 02:54 PM..
Old 01-21-2021, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Its really strange that halfling warriors can't be bristlebane. He is the best diety by far not just because of his neutral status making you practically non KOS in evil cities.

I mean if clerics can be bristle then why not warriors? Maybe because warrior life is too straight forward and honest and rigid for a bristlebaner, while cleric life giving vitality comes from the love of mischief and stuff.

Lore is awesome.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-21-2021, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Halfling Rangers yes please
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Closed Thread