Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 04:28 PM
Aviak

My brother and I did necro + necro and it worked great. You can play together just fine, and you can also play solo just fine (just stay close in levels to one another).
Old 01-23-2021, 05:08 PM
Kobold

No mention of Warrior (husband) Cleric (wife)? The classic duo of all medieval wargaming.
Add an enchanter friend and you have the holy trinity of old eq.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:14 AM
Sarnak

Go Necro, have wife play rogue. She just acts like your pet as you fear kite or aggro kite. Perfect for newb and easy to gear.
Old 01-24-2021, 04:07 PM
Aviak

thanks for all the advice folks.

Wife has decided to play an iksar melee class as she likes the look of the race, still gets to hit things and I'll be providing support as a shaman. Not sure which of the three options she will go for but see you soon in kurns.
Old 01-24-2021, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my girlfriend thinks eq is old and gross

lucky you
HAHAHA

I had a gf once that liked wow, and so I installed EQ and showed her this superior game she would love!.. The look on her face was like I was trying to make her watch some ISIS beheading video.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by melandis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Wife has decided to play an iksar melee class as she likes the look of the race, still gets to hit things and I'll be providing support as a shaman. Not sure which of the three options she will go for but see you soon in kurns.
persuade her to go monk

she will thank you later
Old 01-25-2021, 01:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by melandis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You got yourself a keeper! Wife wanting master race right out the gates!

Monk and Shaman is probably the most overall star duo for ikky, but I think Necro and Monk can go a long way too, plus you both get FD for some really fun dungeon crawling adventures.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You got yourself a keeper! Wife wanting master race right out the gates!

Monk and Shaman is probably the most overall star duo for ikky, but I think Necro and Monk can go a long way too, plus you both get FD for some really fun dungeon crawling adventures.
Totally agree, is a solid setup too. I think Shaman/SK is a duo gets overlooked a lot itself. There is a lot of utility to synergy between the classes, and adding snares and fears to a shaman toolkit, you can get a lot done.
Old 01-26-2021, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Totally agree, is a solid setup too. I think Shaman/SK is a duo gets overlooked a lot itself. There is a lot of utility to synergy between the classes, and adding snares and fears to a shaman toolkit, you can get a lot done.
except for the whole low dps thing

monk is the best possible pair with a shaman and it really isnt close unless you're talking mega-twinked warrior on blue
Old 01-26-2021, 12:22 PM
Fire Giant

I like necro + shaman. So much synergy.