Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2021, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

Default Monk - robe of the whistling fist mq

So the punctuation on the wiki makes me a little uneasy. It says “Turn in the two pipes and Robe of the Lost Circle to Brother Balatin (must not be aggro'd, or first charmed).” Is that saying that you can turn in the pipes if brother balatin is charmed? I have an enchanter and a monk so I’m thinking charm for turn in, camp and sneak for second.

I have a warrior friend with one of the pipes, but I want to double check how he’d turn that in.

My understanding is that charm is good, mez is no good. Then I can log to my monk and sneak for the other two turn ins to get robe? Am I thinking about that right?
Last edited by Stonewallx39; 05-30-2021 at 12:02 PM..
Old 05-30-2021, 01:15 PM
Banned

charm is good for turn in, sneak also works, I'm not sure if I would risk mixing the two though, might be easier to just get a 3rd party enchanter/necro there to charm BB while you do all the turn ins
Old 06-02-2021, 07:50 AM
Fire Giant

If your warrior friend can sneak (halfling only warrior with sneak?) you can just go ahead and have him turn in his pipe then you turn in your pipe and robe.

However, if he can’t your best bet is definitely to find an enchanter and I would recommend finding one with Dictate. That gives you both 48 seconds to do your turn in with no risk of charm breaking and turn in getting messed up. I also know that Balatin does despawn. I can’t remember on Blue or Green will despawn while agro,but the wiki note suggests he does on Red. Last thing you’d want is charm to break after one person did the turn in and despawn.

To avoid risking it I’d just have the enchanter and your warrior friend camped out at his spawn while you kill the Phs ready to log in once you get a pop. Kind of annoying but getting to this part takes a ton of work and not worth risking it.
Old 06-02-2021, 08:57 AM
Sarnak

Best bet is to have a necro or enchanter there with you. Once Brother B spawns they should charm him and get within aggro range and face him. You should then get behind the mob, sneak and do the turn in. The reason for sneak as if charm does break unexpectedly as the trade window is open you will still be indifferent
Closed Thread