Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2021, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't forget to eat your horse paste today.
I was being serious. The second pfizer shot messed me up good so i'm not sure if i'm going to get the booster shot or not.
Old 10-04-2021, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its concerning to the part of the nation that want continued extended unemployment benefits because then they don't have to go work.
Don't forget that Trump had two stimulus checks go to all of the American people.

Wouldn't you be more angry with the fact that he agreed even more money should have been given to the people.

And the Eviction and college debt holds he placed.

He was the first to state the second stimulus should have been $2K .
Old 10-04-2021, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't forget that Trump had two stimulus checks go to all of the American people.

Wouldn't you be more angry with the fact that he agreed even more money should have been given to the people.

I could see how that was justified due to the pandemic but there are a ton of cities and states who never even used the money sent out and yet Biden and Congress are arguing that more is needed and everything is an emergency.
Old 10-04-2021, 05:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What has Biden done? Nothing. But avoid questions. And Kamala? Where is she?

I think Nancy Pelosi is the real 46th
Last edited by Mesocyclone; 10-04-2021 at 06:02 PM..
Old 10-04-2021, 07:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The angle of your article is the top 1% aren't paying taxes like fox news says they are, and then the next thing the article says is... well actually they are. And then there are like 8 more paragraphs that I didn't read that I assume are trying to justify the title of the article even though its true.

I mean the first chart in your article says the top 40% are paying like 85% of the country's taxes and the top 1% are paying 24% of the taxes.

So I don't really see your angle, seems like rich people are paying a lot of the country's taxes already.
About 50% of the country makes 30K or less. How much more should they be paying to make you feel better about it?

They led with a weaker point in the article about proportionality. The key point is: Fox news talks about income tax like they are all the taxes in the country. Kind of a strange habit to fall into. Its not "misleading" that's misinformation.

Income tax is not all tax. Owens opened against Russel Brand with the same (factually incorrect point).

The overall the tax burden is high enough on those just out of the 5% IMO. they are already paying about as much as the rich in total -- but make far less money. Fox knows this, and this group is their educated small donor base.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
About 50% of the country makes 30K or less. How much more should they be paying to make you feel better about it?

They led with a weaker point in the article about proportionality. The key point is: Fox news talks about income tax like they are all the taxes in the country. Kind of a strange habit to fall into. Its not "misleading" that's misinformation.

Income tax is not all tax. Owens opened against Russel Brand with the same (factually incorrect point).

The overall the tax burden is high enough on those just out of the 5% IMO. they are already paying about as much as the rich in total -- but make far less money. Fox knows this, and this group is their educated small donor base.
They are already paying higher taxes cuz of the flation and at the pump my dude
Old 10-04-2021, 07:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are already paying higher taxes cuz of the flation and at the pump my dude
Mostly for new cars, car rentals and hotel rooms. Remember when the price on these things crashed not to long ago?

Meanwhile the price of gas is the biggest source of pain for inflation for everyone else ATM. Hopefully by now we understand the president or congress doesn't set gas prices.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mostly for new cars, car rentals and hotel rooms. Remember when the price on these things crashed not to long ago?

Meanwhile the price of gas is the biggest source of pain for inflation for everyone else ATM. Hopefully by now we understand the president or congress doesn't set gas prices.
I dunno man

We were doin good when we were drillin our own oil and buildin piplines. Old Dude got rid of all that like a magic trick the price of gas is skyrocketing cuz we relying on the Iron Sheiks in the ME

That's why old dude went to the Iron Sheiks to grovel for more oil to keep the price down and they told him to go pound sand

Flation infecting everything. Dems tryin to do a Rope a Dope and Pubs ain't bitin this time
Old 10-04-2021, 07:44 PM
Planar Protector

I was watching CNN and they said that the Facebook whistleblower should feel concerned for her life.

Which means the news just told america that buisnesses like amazon and facebook and disney literally assasinate people...

And then the next segament was about how the Suprime Court is unreliable because an alcoholic and a rapist are a part of it.

Which means they told america that the 3 branches of goverment have failed.

I mean you guys say I am a doomer but you lefties are nuts.

I didnt even mention that you think a literal civil war already happened last year.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesocyclone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What has Biden done? Nothing. But avoid questions. And Kamala? Where is she?

I think Nancy Pelosi is the real 46th
What is VP supposed to do, other than Hoeing to the Chief? Like Constitutionally
Closed Thread