Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-31-2021, 09:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly, in 2021 there's no reason to play in full-screen mode, given all the drama it creates.
Just wrong, can't disagree more with this. Full-screen mode is always far superior to windowed mode, for gamma, for contrast, for immersion, for aspect ratio and most importantly performance..

This is why Blizzard literally just removed full-screen support recently from WoW.. because everyone working over at Blizzard or playing WoW is a brain dead idiot who is basically tech def, like tone def, but for tech.. they know nothing.

Try Alt+Enter to go into full screen, It is just a shortcut but it works 100% for me, but it didn't always, I think the main issue was in eqclient.ini :

[VideoMode]
WindowedWidth=1920
WindowedHeight=1080
Width=1920
Height=1080
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
WidthWindowed=1920
HeightWindowed=1080

Make sure these are all the same, depending on your resolution.. This was causing me to get forced back into windowed mode if I went off the specified resolution, it would flash the screen and go back to windowed, it is because your WidthWindowed etc is different from your Width etc.. These need to be the same.
Old 11-01-2021, 11:50 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks Shawk. I was able to get it to work. I can see details much better now. Including at night time. These are the settings I used in case some else needs.

[VideoMode]
WindowedWidth=2560
WindowedHeight=1440
Width=2560
Height=1440
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
WidthWindowed=2560
HeightWindowed=1440
Old 11-01-2021, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just wrong, can't disagree more with this. Full-screen mode is always far superior to windowed mode, for gamma, for contrast, for immersion, for aspect ratio and most importantly performance..

This is why Blizzard literally just removed full-screen support recently from WoW.. because everyone working over at Blizzard or playing WoW is a brain dead idiot who is basically tech def, like tone def, but for tech.. they know nothing.

Try Alt+Enter to go into full screen, It is just a shortcut but it works 100% for me, but it didn't always, I think the main issue was in eqclient.ini :

[VideoMode]
WindowedWidth=1920
WindowedHeight=1080
Width=1920
Height=1080
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
WidthWindowed=1920
HeightWindowed=1080

Make sure these are all the same, depending on your resolution.. This was causing me to get forced back into windowed mode if I went off the specified resolution, it would flash the screen and go back to windowed, it is because your WidthWindowed etc is different from your Width etc.. These need to be the same.
/shrug to each their own; personally I'm never going back to "real" full screen.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-04-2021, 09:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/shrug to each their own; personally I'm never going back to "real" full screen.
I mean I get it but to say "it's 2021 man get with it" sort of thing was just weird given that its just kind of wrong. Too many people get flung down a bad way of doing things so I don't want people misinformed. And the way Blizzard enforces this type of thing is exactly what I am afraid of, I don't doubt people think Full screen is pointless, but most avid gamers know how dumb a statement that is. And you even say you will never do it again, that outlook is never good.
Last edited by Shawk; 11-04-2021 at 09:05 PM..