Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 11:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Main practical value of such a skill is brawling at bars, sporting events, or “buildings on fire but mostly peaceful” protests
Brawling at bars not worth it. Sporting events not worth it. Riots or anything political not worth it

Stopping a mass murderer from gunning down more people? Worth it

That was always the scenario. And again, most mass shooters are skinny incel nerds wearing too much gear. If one manages to scratch my eye or bite my leg before being knocked into unconsciousness and then killed from hits to the prone skull, I wouldn't even notice until the adrenaline faded. Most likely some bones in my hands would be broken as well considering I'd be hitting a skull and how hard I can punch
Last edited by unsunghero; 11-23-2021 at 11:27 PM..
Old 11-23-2021, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

you'd be alright, those skinny incel nerds will lack the bone density to injure you.

just stop punching the skull when you get through to the floor.

ezpz.
Old 11-23-2021, 11:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make sure to sit up high on their chest and get those knees pinned under their arms good.

What's even a good counter for that? Rolling?

Like if they're that high on u getting your legs around them to control them isn't going to be ez.

I'd try a kidney hit. Or reach for the groin. Maybe try and grab their hand and bite it.

I think its pretty gg if u get on ur back and no legs around the other guy. Without leg control that's a terrible position.

U get ur legs around em and it changes completely. Can really fuck the other guy.
Not a grappling expert so I dunno

I do remember being shown how to "break away" from holds from aggressive psychotic or intoxicated clients during a personal safety mandatory work training a year ago. For the purposes of the simulation we were supposed to only squeeze with partial grip, obviously not to hurt anyone in the training. Since I am good friends with my co-worker, him and I were able to use a stronger grip on each other and in those scenarios, none of the break away maneuvers worked

Our instructor had us do a scenario of "how to break away if being choked" and for the simulation had the attacker standing and choking a standing person with arms outstretched like a zombie. I asked the instructor what to do if I was sitting on top of someone's chest while choking them, and mentioned that would be more likely than standing while choking someone if the intent was to kill them. She had no answer of what to do there. Another male co-worker suggested "die?"
Old 11-24-2021, 01:06 AM
Banned

Lol. Ya. Best option is to pull ur knees up and heels to butt and try to push ur self up to try and unseat the guy on top.

Or if you can reach up and hug them close like a big ol hug so they can't punch, makes it harder to choke.

It's really easy to break a standing choke from the front. Thats something only a zombie would do. No center of mass for them.

If guy is on top of me I'm doing my legs in, push up, hug, and if I do hug them close I'm biting their neck or face.

I don't play nice.

We practiced choking ppl out a lot.

If someone is actively choking u ur pretty fucked. U got about 30 seconds if its a loose hold. A good one can take u out faster because ur brains need a ton of blood flow. I want to say as fast as 5 seconds. My asshole friend did that to me once sneaking up behind he just wanted me to get good

U seemed to have some knowledge so I was curious what ur thots were. Thanks for sharing.

And yeah my adrenaline fueled punches were extremely lethal, broken my fingers on soft shit. Most people don't have the practice to drive their muscles that hard. In a life or death fight or flight or psychotic flip out situations tho ppl turn into animals.

Best to just run and let them get tired or hit them with an object like whale said.
Last edited by starkind; 11-24-2021 at 01:08 AM..
Old 11-24-2021, 01:08 AM
Planar Protector

if someone is straddling your chest and strangling you, the only thought in your mind should be "Jam a finger or two between their eye socket and eyeball, and rip the fuckin thing out"
Old 11-24-2021, 01:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if someone is straddling your chest and strangling you, the only thought in your mind should be "Jam a finger or two between their eye socket and eyeball, and rip the fuckin thing out"
If they do it right they'll have ur arms forcibly extended to make that harder.

Sound advice, especially if you can reach. Get them closer and it's an option.
Old 11-24-2021, 01:28 AM
Banned

Ya I dunno I pay more attention to offense for some reason, dunno why, I’m really not a violent person

For example, I saw a vid I can’t find anymore of someone showing how all knife self defense strats break down if the attacker has a hand on the defender and is pulling them with that hand into the thrusts. A tight grip on the shirt works best. Then maneuverability is gone, trapping the wrist doesn’t work and it’s easy to yank out of their grip if it’s only with 1 hand, if they can even get that. He did some practices with a rubber knife and every time with every different strat the defender was dead
Old 11-24-2021, 01:29 AM
Sarnak

Grappling expert weighing in.

If there is enough of a skill discrepancy or size disadvantage that your attacker gets full high mount with their knees up in your armpits, you don't have the skills to get them off. Since that is not very useful, here is what you do.

Escapes are all about hips and shoulder distance.

1) Shrimping is always best because it works if you are persistent for a few seconds (might eat a few punches/get choked a little), I spend about 1/5 of my warm up on shrimping (ebi for the judo guys).

2) Elevate opponent's hips and twist your torso so they are mounting your side hip/ribs.

3) Once you have created a moment of disconnection there are several methods where you basically lock a part of their body (outside knee, hip, shoulder, elbow) usually with a 2 on 1 grip and roll like crazy... careful not to get choked/back mounted... then you will be in deep trouble.

After that it just come down to experience and practice. If you don't have experience or practice, maybe you should.

( If you are spectacularly flexible (I used to be) you can sometimes get people off with crazy leg contortions around their waist... but if they are experienced with heavy hips they can just lock you there and pound away... high risk high reward.)
Old 11-24-2021, 03:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toehammer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grappling expert weighing in.

If there is enough of a skill discrepancy or size disadvantage that your attacker gets full high mount with their knees up in your armpits, you don't have the skills to get them off. Since that is not very useful, here is what you do.

Escapes are all about hips and shoulder distance.

1) Shrimping is always best because it works if you are persistent for a few seconds (might eat a few punches/get choked a little), I spend about 1/5 of my warm up on shrimping (ebi for the judo guys).

2) Elevate opponent's hips and twist your torso so they are mounting your side hip/ribs.

3) Once you have created a moment of disconnection there are several methods where you basically lock a part of their body (outside knee, hip, shoulder, elbow) usually with a 2 on 1 grip and roll like crazy... careful not to get choked/back mounted... then you will be in deep trouble.

After that it just come down to experience and practice. If you don't have experience or practice, maybe you should.

( If you are spectacularly flexible (I used to be) you can sometimes get people off with crazy leg contortions around their waist... but if they are experienced with heavy hips they can just lock you there and pound away... high risk high reward.)
🤗👍🤼*♂️
Old 11-24-2021, 03:20 AM
Fire Giant

I think its because leftie lunatics can't handle getting dunked on when they lose.
Closed Thread