View Poll Results: Merge Green with Blue
Yes 224 68.92%
No 101 31.08%
Voters: 325. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2021, 06:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by svevin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then I gotta get more IP exemptions, and I doubt they do that for secondary accounts.
No you don't. I have like 10 accounts, one for each character. There is no reason to make more then 1 character on any account other then being lazy and not wanting to log out and back in to a new account.
Old 11-30-2021, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone seems to have forgotten that we're going to have Green 2.0 when this happens. I'd wager that the bulk of P99 raiders aren't going to stay on Blue/Old Green ... they're going to migrate to Green 2.0.
Why would you imagine that?

You've still got 500 pop on blue 1.0

How many of the pop between the 2 servers are duplicates, raiding on both? If I was a raider, that is what I would do.

So the raider has a new character or two with some BIS gear on blue re united with his old character.

And he makes a new character on green 2 to collect legacy items and have fresh DKP to do...

I too am curious if we go from like 1000 pop between the two servers down to like 700 pop on the one merged server due to people replication.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-30-2021, 07:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No you don't. I have like 10 accounts, one for each character. There is no reason to make more then 1 character on any account other then being lazy and not wanting to log out and back in to a new account.
I have a wife and kids who play with me, and if I want an alt account, I have to get that whitelisted, too.
Vorkas- 33 Gnome Warrior <Castle>
Hake - 50 Human Monk <Castle>
Xykz -43 Iksar Warrior<Ancient Blood>
Old 11-30-2021, 07:53 PM
Fire Giant

If Green merges with Blue does it become... Teal?
Old 11-30-2021, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would you imagine that?
Because it's what happened with Green 1.0.

Sure, some people play on both, but the vast majority of raiders I know on Green play on that server exclusively (and I'm in a top-end raid guild). Plus, in the few times I've ventured onto Blue since, everyone I talked to (admittedly a small sample size of <10) was emphatic about not playing on Green ... that was the whole reason why they were still playing on Blue (to avoid Green).

The effect may be slightly less pronounced with Green 2.0, but ultimately EQ is a game that rewards the time and focus you put into it. Therewfore, I think it's reasonable to assume that Green 2.0 players are mostly going to devote their time/effort to Green 2.0.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 11-30-2021 at 08:02 PM..
Old 11-30-2021, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

To me that would primarily indicate that we should not be considering a green 2.0 for some time yet, as there are healthy pops on both servers.

Red 2 obviously dying to happen. As much as shit posters would say otherwise, the red server had a healthy population for several years and only really turned to the super dregs level after many server cataclysms and velious being concluded for the last 5 years or whatever.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-30-2021, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the red server had a healthy population for several years
You need to share whatever drugs you are on man.
Old 11-30-2021, 09:56 PM
Banned

it actually did tho it fluctuated up in the post 150-300 range a few times.

Right after kunark launch was best time imo
Old 11-30-2021, 10:28 PM
Banned

I have no doubt that initially Green 2.0 will be very popular, as Loramin suggested probably less popular than Green 1.0, but still very popular

But just like Green 1.0, this will dwindle as time goes on. This dwindling loss of interest in Green 2.0 as people go back to their chars on Blue is what I’m worried about. Also, there are people out there as dumb and uninformed as I am who heard that it’s not definite that Green will be merged into Blue and thought maybe that means Green will continue to exist as a separate server, not realizing that the alternative was actually Green getting wiped. Yes I know it’s crazy, but I’m probably not the only dumb uninformed person playing this game

But it’s far less likely that anyone would believe that AFTER Green 1.0 gets dumped into Blue. So anyone that was thinking about rolling on Green 2.0 thinking it will remain a separate server may not want to because they know it’ll all be dumped into Blue at some point

But that’s ok, because there is a silver lining: people quitting. If Blue is shitty enough at the top end, maybe enough people won’t want to re-roll on Green 2.0 and instead get burnt out and quit to where casual scrubs can have a chance at raiding on Blue. There’s always a silver lining
Last edited by unsunghero; 11-30-2021 at 10:33 PM..
Old 12-01-2021, 01:56 PM
Banned

gustoo coping because red server will never happen

and he wont shut the fuck up about it
Closed Thread