Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-05-2021, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They work as classic unless you're in a raid zone and a powerful raid mob is spawned and then they work according to a formula based on the effect that standardizes all items.
So if I'm fighting efreeti my reaper might or might not work based on whether or not Nagafen is spawned on the other side of the zone? That's not classic EQ in either fact or in feel. Items didn't work randomly like that in the original game. It could be done, but I don't think it should be done since it's a move away from P99's purpose.

Danth
Old 12-05-2021, 11:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if I'm fighting efreeti my reaper might or might not work based on whether or not Nagafen is spawned on the other side of the zone? That's not classic EQ in either fact or in feel. Items didn't work randomly like that in the original game. It could be done, but I don't think it should be done since it's a move away from P99's purpose.

Danth
That would be ignoring the current situation where the item just isn't classic at all times and also that raid mobs on P99 pretty much don't exist for more than a few minutes so 99% of the time that wouldn't be happening. I actually originally thought it should just be a radius check like the Nagafen level check but I'm sure people think that requires too much dev effort. My point really is just that if we're going to nerf things specifically because of raid abuse then the nerf should be limited to the raid mob rather than the item that was abused. Specifically because not doing that and trying to nerf individual items leads to the situation outlined in OP of not actually achieving the goal and impacting things outside of raiding.
Old 12-06-2021, 12:48 AM
Fire Giant

Guys,

The discussion isnt about classic or not. Let it go.

This is about a patch that had an intended change, that failed. And getting that patch completed, or abolished.

Classic has nothing to do with it, and hasn't on P1999 since 2010 or so.
Old 12-22-2021, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Also, Brass Idols need a cast time.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 12-23-2021, 03:26 AM
Planar Protector

The only one that really bothers me is the Puppet Strings nerf. It dusted an entire subset of the community - challenge fights. Solo, duo, trio hard content using strings pets. It was super fun and the primary reason some of us even played the game.
Old 01-16-2022, 11:32 AM
Aviak

The fix is actually pretty easy..

Undo all of the nerfs you made to items to make them not act as they did originally..

Root / Call of the zero for all raid mobs, and all mobs in certain zones like ToV, ST, etc.

Force these sweaty nerds to dungeon crawl.. like the gods intended.
Old 01-17-2022, 12:49 AM
Banned

You can't make a sandbox and say here come play in the sandbox! Then when you see how people play in the sandbox you say "oh no, not that way!", and you restrict, and restrict, and restrict until it's more akin to a linear on rails action adventure game instead of an mmo.

Everyone has a different version of what "Classic" everquest was to them based on server differences and how more or less hardcore you were during those times. We all mostly have like 20+ years of experience with this game and there's no way to put the toothpaste back in the tube and have everyone experience "classic" again for the first time.

The best thing you can do is accurately recreate the sandbox as close to 1 to 1 as you can and let people play within the sandbox however they will.