Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2021, 04:26 PM
Banned

Default While waiting on red 2.0

Forever? XD

Take a look at UO outlands, if you like to revisit old MMOs. You can box 3 accounts, server is full of people, custom quality map, all kinds of fun crap to OCD on. Full loot PVP, crafting, its graphics are actually super charming and neat if you like the retro isometric look. They just had an expansion 2 months ago with a new part of the map opened.

The interface is archaic and feels impenetrable at first though but if you persist, look for guides (look for trammie surprise/pwnstar on youtube), after a day it feels natural.

https://uooutlands.com/
Old 12-03-2021, 08:56 AM
Orc

UO outlands is awesome! Huge time sink though if you go balls deep.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:13 AM
Banned

I wish I could get into it.
Old 12-03-2021, 03:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkman512 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
UO outlands is awesome! Huge time sink though if you go balls deep.
Relative to what though? You can have a max level char who can do end game content in like 2 days in UO outlands. Just google for starter builds. Obviously there must be degrees of end game you cant touch, but you can do dungeons like Aegis easy.

Compare that to the one week give or take it took me to get to 40 on red on my new alt monk, with the 2nd best non-raid weap, a fungi and a fbss. Someone starting from scratch here will have a tough time trying to solo start to the top compared to UO.
Old 12-06-2021, 06:04 AM
Orc

You are totally right. A build can be working within couple of hours and tons of fun to be had. My response wasn't meant to be negative. A rewarding grind can be a good thing for an MMO.

I just meant if you really want to get the most out of your character and min / max then there are so many things to grind on:
- Mastery Chains
- Aspects
Depending on your build:
- Taming Beastiary
- Wizard's Grimoire
- Codex for each weapon type

@PVP: The great thing is, most of the grindy stuff does not affect PVP!

If anyone looking for a great alternative to p1999 red => try UO Outlands!
Old 12-13-2021, 06:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Forever? XD

Take a look at UO outlands, if you like to revisit old MMOs. You can box 3 accounts, server is full of people, custom quality map, all kinds of fun crap to OCD on. Full loot PVP, crafting, its graphics are actually super charming and neat if you like the retro isometric look. They just had an expansion 2 months ago with a new part of the map opened.

The interface is archaic and feels impenetrable at first though but if you persist, look for guides (look for trammie surprise/pwnstar on youtube), after a day it feels natural.

https://uooutlands.com/
Ever since I met the Sams, I've been anti boxing
Old 12-13-2021, 07:07 PM
Kobold

Comparing UO outlands to actual UO is like comparing WoW to EQ
Old 12-14-2021, 11:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReoDobbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Comparing UO outlands to actual UO is like comparing WoW to EQ
lol whos comparing outlands to the actual UO, which i never played? How about you read the fucking thread before commenting you fucking nerd...
Closed Thread