Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2021, 11:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they attacked group members
I don’t remember this from classic but again I didn’t play a lot, but regardless that’s fucking hilarious if it happened

Oh man the shit I could say in group chat. “Why’d you keep making prolonged eye contact with it? Yknow he doesn’t like that shit” or maybe a line from Christmas vacation “Yknow Clark once he starts trying to hump you like that sometimes it’s safest to just let him finish”
Old 12-08-2021, 11:52 PM
Planar Protector

So you have a raging hardon to nerf Enchanters for 9 months on the next server that launches?

Jesus
Old 12-09-2021, 12:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He never quits.

It has nothing to do with "muh game knowledge." Enchanter was the least popular class because it was broken. The evidence is already compiled in the bug forum. The only question, if he was mature enough to admit the truth, is if P99 should recreate pet bugs or not during the classic period before Kunark.

Anyone who played classic remembers people hating ALL pet classes and telling them not to summon a pet in groups especially indoors. The pets fell through the world, they aggro mobs through walls, they randomly ran away from the group, they attacked group members, and so on. This is all supported in patch notes, archived in era player posts, class guides, and more. Necro was the only good pet class and it was an OP solo master class that didn't even need a group. If their pet fell through the world they just feigned.

Enchanter's charm pet was even worse than other pets in this regard as you can imagine. This guy just can't admit it though even in the face of overwhelming evidence he just repeats his "muh game knowledge" lies. Even beyond the pet and charm stuff, I also showed him classic era class guides which outline the exact same mechanics people on P99 use. This wasn't secret knowledge. Live had probably 100x as many players during classic. People figured things out and quickly. The things they didn't figure out were how to deal with the endless bugs.

It would be rather silly and maybe a bit extreme to recreate bugs like your pet randomly falling through the zone, warping to the zone safe spot, and then running back to you getting aggro and dying and training the entire zone. My only argument was that it's fine to fix those bugs and not recreate them but in exchange Enchanter charm especially should be nerfed pre-Kunark. Once Kunark launches it's fine, leave it as it is, but to account for the corrected bugs we shouldn't be letting Enchanter trivialize classic in a way that never happened on live. Otherwise no matter what class you play, no matter what you do, Enchanter is ruining the classic experience because they can solo farm dungeon items and flood the economy, they trivialize grouping using backstabbing pets, and they trivialize planar raids using charmed pets.

It's like that other person who in response to me saying Enchanter sucked in classic era pre-Kunark said they played an Enchanter starting in Kunark and it was a powerful class. People are just retarded I guess I can't help that. I'm probably retarded too for talking to them anymore.
So wait now you’re moving the goalposts from “I HAVE ALL THIS EVIDENCE THAT CHARM ISNT WORKING PROPERLY ON P99 AND NEEDS A CODING CHANGE” to “well okay Charm is working the way it did in classic but muhhhh pet pathing was glitchy because the SoE devs didn’t code it properly. so we should nerf other aspects of Enchanter because those bugs don’t exist on P99”?

Lol what are you even smoking dude lol

As far as game knowledge goes, I was CSR back in 1999. The availability of online resources for the first several months of the game and the amount of knowledge exchange was quite limited. People absolutely started doing these things in era, which was something I totally agreed with you on, but “in era” includes Kunark. By the time Kunark released you had a lot of Enchanters. Also you can’t seem to stick to one argument; first you argue that no one played enchanters at all until like Luclin, and then you’ll switch and start arguing that people played Enchanters in the old world 1999 era.
Old 12-09-2021, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

Also, for quite awhile people didn’t want pets in groups because they thought they took exp from group members. That’s one of the reasons why people asked people to dismiss pets lol.
Old 12-09-2021, 12:59 AM
Planar Protector

They were also out of control.

But you’re right, I remember that suspicion.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-09-2021, 01:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So wait now you’re moving the goalposts from “I HAVE ALL THIS EVIDENCE THAT CHARM ISNT WORKING PROPERLY ON P99 AND NEEDS A CODING CHANGE” to “well okay Charm is working the way it did in classic but muhhhh pet pathing was glitchy because the SoE devs didn’t code it properly. so we should nerf other aspects of Enchanter because those bugs don’t exist on P99”?

Lol what are you even smoking dude lol

As far as game knowledge goes, I was CSR back in 1999. The availability of online resources for the first several months of the game and the amount of knowledge exchange was quite limited. People absolutely started doing these things in era, which was something I totally agreed with you on, but “in era” includes Kunark. By the time Kunark released you had a lot of Enchanters. Also you can’t seem to stick to one argument; first you argue that no one played enchanters at all until like Luclin, and then you’ll switch and start arguing that people played Enchanters in the old world 1999 era.
You play an elf?
Old 12-09-2021, 04:37 AM
Kobold

ITT: raging hardon
Also ITT: 11 and 12 year olds

Rnf delivers again
Old 12-09-2021, 05:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was CSR back in 1999.
Name/server?
Old 12-09-2021, 10:23 AM
Banned

MY UNCLE WORKS AT ROGEAN
Old 12-09-2021, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

so yeah lets make everything as unplayable and broken as it was in 2001 because muh "shits classic"

good thing the staff arent gonna listen to this loon