Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-15-2017, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

Default Fusible Earthen Ore should be a Ground Spawn

Was doing some research on this and came across these in era posts that suggest Fusible Earthen Ore should be a ground spawn:

http://web.archive.org/web/200204251...html?zstrat=99

Posts from page:

(July 15th 2001)
Quote:
OK all now here this....
Possible NEW QUEST!!!
I was in the hole and right under Master Yael were all these chunks of Ore there was like 20 of the darn things. they are called Fusible Earthen Ore. Magic Item No Drop. Any clues folks would help?
(August 25th 2001)
Quote:
Ohhh Ohhh question.
I was in the hole by Master Yael exploring and found fusible earthen Ore Any idea what it is for? It is also a light source.
Note that second post indicates it is a light source in inventory (not sure if that is the case on P99). First post seems to indicate multiple can spawn.

Checked the in era Yael loot table and did not find it listed, however could have been left out, did find one post to suggest he could drop it:
http://web.archive.org/web/200202110....shtml?id=5074

(September 20th, 2001)
Quote:
Master Yael has a drop not listed above, it's a no drop item named Fusible earthen ore.
My thoughts on this is either
A) he could drop it as well as it being a ground spawn
B) Possible some Halfling Rogue traded it to him? Not sure if No Drop items could do that.
C) Perhaps Yael could 'pick these up'. I am not too knowledgeable on this but I believe in classic NPCs could 'pick up' items that they walked across. If the ground spawn loc was slightly random, perhaps maybe 1 ground spawn appeared on his spawn point and he picked it up.
D) Possible this poster heard the Ore was by Master Yael from a friend / guildie and assumed it was a drop but was instead a ground spawn.

No idea the refresh rate of the ground spawn? Could not locate that information in era.

Let me know if you need anything else to implement this.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:01 AM
Aviak

Good find
Old 02-07-2021, 02:49 PM
Kobold

Whoa!
Old 02-07-2021, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
C) Perhaps Yael could 'pick these up'. I am not too knowledgeable on this but I believe in classic NPCs could 'pick up' items that they walked across. If the ground spawn loc was slightly random, perhaps maybe 1 ground spawn appeared on his spawn point and he picked it up.
Not sure if all NPCs could, but definitely the ones in cities did pick up items from the ground, often making a comment in /say celebrating their discovery.
Old 02-21-2021, 09:29 AM
Sarnak

Bump for both era date on quest add and making ore a ground spawn
Old 02-28-2021, 04:58 AM
Sarnak

Found some evidence in support of both the Fusible Earthern Ore (Yael) and Fusible Coral Ore (Phinigel) being ground spawns in this October 2002 archive (you need to click the spoiler image) of the Graffe quest page-
Quote:
Fusible Coral Ore - Found by killing Phinigel Autroposs (L53 Fishy WIZ) from within Kedge Keep. For a short while, this component was found on the ledge next to where you can find Phinigel. This is no longer the case.

Fusible Earthen Ore - Found by killing Master Yael (L56 Earth Elemental MAG) within the bottom of The Hole. For a short while, this component was found on the ground where Master Yael roams. This is no longer the case.
There are no prior archives of this page that I can find, and of course those old ezboards are excluded from archive.org, so probably no way to determine when the ores ceased being groundspawns via Graffe.
Old 03-01-2021, 07:29 PM
Fire Giant

Bump

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 03-16-2021, 09:37 PM
Kobold

bump
Old 03-17-2021, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

Did some digging in the archives.

The plot thickens on this a bit. Because this link, captured on August 28th 2001, says that both the Kedge and Hole pieces were ground spawns for 'a short while', but 'no longer':

Quote:
Fusible Coral Ore - Found by killing Phinigel Autroposs (L53 Fishy WIZ) from within Kedge Keep. For a short while, this component was found on the ledge next to where you can find Phinigel. This is no longer the case.

Fusible Earthen Ore - Found by killing Master Yael (L56 Earth Elemental MAG) within the bottom of The Hole. For a short while, this component was found on the ground where Master Yael roams. This is no longer the case.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010828...arch/print.htm
The Allakhazam link mentioned earlier referencing the Yael ground spawns has a post date of July 15th, 2001:

Quote:
roguey
Posted @ Sun, Jul 15th 9:11 PM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]
OK all now here this....
Possible NEW QUEST!!!
I was in the hole and right under Master Yael were all these chunks of Ore there was like 20 of the darn things. they are called Fusible Earthen Ore. Magic Item No Drop. Any clues folks would help?

https://web.archive.org/web/20010728...rat=99&start=0
So based on the evidence, this was nerfed at some point between July 15th 2001 and August 28th 2001. There were three patches in that timeframe. None of the notes mention a change to this quest. So can't nail it down any closer yet.
Last edited by Dolalin; 03-17-2021 at 10:31 AM..
Old 03-17-2021, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Corroboration from the Necro forums:

Quote:
Posted - 08/12/2002 : 08:59:44

You must kill Yael to loot the earthen ore.

The ore used to spawn at his feet when they first implemented the quest, but have since changed it to be a dropped item.

---

Posted - 08/12/2002 : 09:12:38

I am like the yael expert in my guild, I have the Stength of elements.

The Earth ore when the quest was FIRST introduced was a ground spawn in Master Yaels room, but that was soon change to bottle neck the quest.

It now drops off Master yael, who is a 7day spawn, and spawns 24-48hrs after the zone/server goes down (almost always has hit closer to 48)

Take a halfling Brell worshiping lvl 1 rogue down and keep an eye out on my server he is extremely contested so be prepared to race for him as I expect he is contested on other servers as well.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020910...?TOPIC_ID=7068