Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 12:09 AM
Banned

Default Favorite scenes from movies (or favorite movies)

I'll do some of mine, off the top of my head, with explanations

As a kid:

When I was around 6 years old, I would fast forward to the final fight of my favorite movie, Sleeping Beauty. I probably watched it like 30 times. I used to fantasize that I was the knight, riding in to fight Maleficent. I thought Maleficent was the scariest cartoon villain I had ever seen up to this point, and I remember thinking how cool it was that a kids movie used the word "hell" lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

I used to think Maleficent was the scariest cartoon villain, that is, until I also saw THIS movie at a very young age:

A helpless mother attempts to go to the lair of some hyper-intelligent rats (who learned to utilize electricity) to seek their help, and the first one she comes across attempts to passionlessly hunt her down and kill her without ever uttering a word or appearing to care at all for what she was saying. This scene really rattled me as a kid, kicking the pedestal out of under me and teaching me that this might be possible with some people or parts of the world. This whole movie was really good, one of my favs as a kid

https://youtu.be/

The most inspiring scene from one of my favorite movies. The message of become who you were born to be beautifully portrayed here

https://youtu.be/

As an adult:

This entire scene is pure poetry in cinema. First it has one of the best musical scores in a movie ever. It begins with a character who'd made some mistakes redeeming himself in the end by sacrificing himself to being burned to death instead of the main char. Then we have a chase where a young native american man tries to save his love. You can see the realization on his face after he suffers a grievous cut from the main villain where he realizes he is outmatched and doomed, but is determined to go down fighting. Then you have his love who just watched him die trying to save her, decide to kill herself rather than be raped by Magua and his men, tragically not realizing that help was only a few minutes behind. Then you have the father of the young man killed, amazingly portraying a deadpan calm look of "you are going to die for killing my son" in a way that you can tell there was rage burning beneath it. The only flaw of this scene is the unrealistic shooting accuracy of the main character, basically never missing while dual wielding guns that were historically notorious for missing

Definitely NOT what most people would pick as the most memorable scene from the movie Requiem For A Dream, but this scene has made lists as one of the best-acted monologues in movies. I just remember this scene because of the amazing acting, she used to make me very worried about growing old alone

Ok that's it but I'll probably suggest some more as others come to me. Feel free to post some of yours!
Old 09-08-2021, 12:36 AM
Planar Protector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuslUzbJEaw

The Matrix Lobby Shootout

I couldnt figure out how to embed vids on this forum. I guess i haven't needed to! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

throw me a bone here and i'll edit this into a nice, clean embedded link to the best shootout scene in any movie ever.
Old 09-08-2021, 12:38 AM
Banned

The end of the fox and the hound when the lesson is basically "sometimes you just can't be friends".

Seriously fuck that movie it damaged me
Old 09-08-2021, 12:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuslUzbJEaw

The Matrix Lobby Shootout

I couldnt figure out how to embed vids on this forum. I guess i haven't needed to! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

throw me a bone here and i'll edit this into a nice, clean embedded link to the best shootout scene in any movie ever.
Haha no lie I was going to post this as well. After my dad bought a new surround sound system for the living room he used to want to watch this scene with me with the sound cranked SO many times
Planar Protector

Banned

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy You're not gonna hurt me, are you? Nooo, I'm not gonna hurt ya honey. I'm just gonna bash your face in!
Old 09-08-2021, 12:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The end of the fox and the hound when the lesson is basically "sometimes you just can't be friends".

Seriously fuck that movie it damaged me
Link it yo! Making me look it up….
Old 09-08-2021, 12:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Link it yo! Making me look it up….
Tried there's just not a good concise video of the whole ending. And it needs all the context of the rest of the movie. But you should never see that movie because it's the saddest thing ever.

It's basically an allegory for how you can forget about all your childhood dreams because they were all illusions, and will never come true, and you have to accept it. But otherwise it's a great kid's movie.
Last edited by Ooloo; 09-08-2021 at 12:51 AM..
Old 09-08-2021, 12:54 AM
Planar Protector

Smile

this is nice thread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

amélie is my favorite film of all time. any scene holds a great deal of significance to me, but this one is special. she finds this box of random toys and things in her apartment. clearly they used to belong to a child several decades ago. she makes it her mission to bring the box of treasures back to their owner. it takes some doing, but she eventually tracks down the person they all used to belong to.

that starts the scene.

idk if anyone here cares about mbti or enneagram or w/e, but amélie is one famous representation of my personality type. you'll notice that she is too shy to even answer the guy when he asks a yes or no question, but before he noticed her she was watching him very intently. and she put so much work into tracking him down and coming up with a ridiculous payphone trap to get him to find the treasures.

i love her so, so much. she lives more in fantasy than reality, and she loves people even though she is sort of terrified of them. maybe it's dumb but i relate so hard with amélie and she will forever hold a place in my heart.
Old 09-08-2021, 01:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have actually never seen this (inexcusable based on its reputation I know), but have seen this scene and thought amazing acting
Closed Thread