Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2021, 03:19 AM
Aviak

Default Cultural gem requirements?

I'm just starting again after about a year long break. I'm looking to get into cultural smithing, but I'd like to know if the high tier gem requirements for the enchant ore spells are still in effect first. Someone in game was talking about them, and I'd never heard of them before on live. Looking it up made me realize just how insane the original requirements for cultural were.. if I understand it correctly, it would have taken something like 9 blue diamonds to enchant enough mithril bricks to make a high elven cultural breastplate. Is this true for p99, and if so, will it remain so or change at some point? Thanks.
Old 11-04-2021, 04:14 AM
Planar Protector

This will change in a day or two when the next monthly era kicks in as we are almost to Apr01 in the timeline

Patch Notes April 17th, 2001
Quote:
Removed Gem component from the following spells. They will now only require the metal components. These are the Enchant spells for making cultural armor.

Enchant Velium
Enchant Mithril
Enchant Adamantite
Enchant Steel
Enchant Brellium
Old 11-14-2021, 03:05 AM
Aviak

I had an enchanter test this out a day or two ago, and the "Enchant Mithril" spell still required the blue diamond. It also ate the large brick of mithril and didn't return it. So yes, the requirements are still ridiculously, unrealistically expensive. Hopefully this will change soon.
Old 12-08-2021, 11:24 PM
Aviak

Gem requirements are gone! Everyone get busy smithing!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (A pic of my new armor!)

Just made a full, 13 piece suit of High Elven cultural for myself. Took ages to farm the ingredients, but it was worth it!

Big shout out to Tamurello, who enchanted over 90 large bricks of mithril for me.. which made my suit with only a few to spare! Got good results during the smithing process, only one failure out of dozens and dozens of sub and end combines. Lost a gorget, but that's just the RNG tradeskill tax! It could've been much worse, haha.

Good luck, smiths!
Closed Thread