Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2021, 02:08 AM
Aviak

Default How was ring war even possible in 2001?

70+ people in zone, led by highest ranking guild on server with other competitive guilds joining in, decades of combined EQ knowledge, and still I saw a massive failure of this stupid quest.

Imagine 70+ people in zone in 2001 on dial up. People going linkdead on every new giant spawn. No knowledge of how to cc giants, where they are spawning or what comes next. Most importantly the amount of level 60 Enchanters WITH DICTATE required to do this.

I doubt this quest was completed more than once or twice in 2001. EVERY guild on the server would have to combine to complete this.
Old 11-11-2021, 02:36 AM
Fire Giant

P99 isn't classic, even remotely.

Mob tuning isn't classic, every NPC here is significantly harder than classic, especially most raid encounters.

P99 pathing is...lol. Ring war in 2001 could be done by about 20 average P99 raiders if you transported them and their toons back in time.
Old 11-11-2021, 03:03 AM
Fire Giant

You don't need to cast dictate once to win a ringwar
Old 11-11-2021, 02:48 PM
Kobold

If you watch video of actual in-era classic EQ (and there are a few) you'll see the secret to killing anything was to have a couple dozen of people in bad kunark quest gear stand around and auto attack the mob until it is dead. sontalak. zlandicar. you name it.

p99 mobs aren't classic and are very jacked and overtuned. but that's ok.
Old 11-11-2021, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you watch video of actual in-era classic EQ (and there are a few) you'll see the secret to killing anything was to have a couple dozen of people in bad kunark quest gear stand around and auto attack the mob until it is dead. sontalak. zlandicar. you name it.

Quoting for truth because this is all I remember from my limited experience. We just used to throw all the mage and necro pets in like 2x and then everyone runs in and autoattacks and it got the job done most of the time lol.

But I wasn't a big time raider so I can't nit pick anything. The encounters on P99 I've had seemed pretty advanced compared to what I remembered.

I feel like a lot of the dedicated raid players from 1999-2001 aren't trying to relive those days and aren't here but maybe some are and can speak to it.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-11-2021, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

do you have links for old eq videos that are available? i love finding stuff like that.
Old 11-11-2021, 02:58 PM
Banned

dark souls 1999
Old 11-11-2021, 03:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlankyLanky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
do you have links for old eq videos that are available? i love finding stuff like that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9opZFThy95w

here's a classic!
Old 11-11-2021, 03:42 PM
Banned

Code it so that the zone starts randomly disconnecting people once 50 people are in it. The more people in zone the faster it disconnects people. Start at like a rate of 1 every 8 minutes.
Old 11-11-2021, 03:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Code it so that the zone starts randomly disconnecting people once 50 people are in it. The more people in zone the faster it disconnects people. Start at like a rate of 1 every 8 minutes.
At like 100 ppl it should just churn through like 1 every 15 seconds.
Closed Thread