Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 02:43 PM
Sarnak

Default how long

Let us say someone put the info on their 49 cleric on green online, so those who wanted could res their friends.

How long would it take for the gear to get plundered and/or the char to get deleted?

What are the odds the character makes progress?
Old 12-01-2021, 02:45 PM
Large Rat

Green is dead.
Old 12-01-2021, 02:52 PM
Sarnak

A day at best before plundered and bound rudely.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinkets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A day at best before plundered and bound rudely.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 12-01-2021, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Stuff like that has been done before on P1999. Said character invariably gets stripped or outright deleted by some joker almost immediately.

Danth
Old 12-01-2021, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

My philosophy on that matter is basically this: Don't ever, for any reason, do anything to anyone for any reason ever, no matter what, no matter where, or who, or who you are with, or where you are going, or where you've been... ever, for any reason whatsoever...
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 12-01-2021, 05:11 PM
Banned

Brings back memories of me frantically texting and emailing my friend or guildmate to let them know that their WoW character is standing naked at the mailbox mailing away all their stuff while they are at work

Back in the day before authenticators, even big sites like Curse Gaming had mods riddled with keyloggers
Old 12-01-2021, 05:25 PM
Fire Giant

on BLUE there was a few accounts that lasted years where at least 10% of the server + members of pretty much every guild had the access too. Inevitably these accounts get banned more often then they are char deleted etc.

Droppable gear is insta gone always though. ALWAYS. I think it would be awesome if there was a list of like, "Community accessible accounts" backed by GM's, so that those accounts CANNOT have any of the items worn on account when a snapshot is taken, dropped deleted or traded. Can not gain or lose exp, cannot enter ANY raid zone. There are a lot of old time players that would be more than happy to oblige.

That would probably require a lot of work. And maybe having access to level 60 toons would "ruin" the experience for some players.. but that would be a pretty cool community project.
Old 12-01-2021, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
on BLUE there was a few accounts that lasted years where at least 10% of the server + members of pretty much every guild had the access too. Inevitably these accounts get banned more often then they are char deleted etc.

Droppable gear is insta gone always though. ALWAYS. I think it would be awesome if there was a list of like, "Community accessible accounts" backed by GM's, so that those accounts CANNOT have any of the items worn on account when a snapshot is taken, dropped deleted or traded. Can not gain or lose exp, cannot enter ANY raid zone. There are a lot of old time players that would be more than happy to oblige.

That would probably require a lot of work. And maybe having access to level 60 toons would "ruin" the experience for some players.. but that would be a pretty cool community project.

Not classic
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 12-01-2021, 11:37 PM
Fire Giant

Don't let a herpes character get you banned in the next rmt sweep.