Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 05:57 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Druids: To roleplay or not to roleplay?

Greetings fellow Druids (and fellow p99er's). I wanted to put a thread out regarding role playing; in my case specifically for Druids. Lately, and for the foreseeable future, the amount of in-game time available to me is diminishing rapidly due to the responsibilities of real life. The effect of this has been to play games that have a deep meaning or provide unique experiences to me. I think for many, myself included, EQ was both of those things during its early years on live. Back then when I played most of my time was just experiencing all the game had to offer, with little attention to how a real character (in game) would behave in the game world. Being older now, I find the latter to be my primary reason for playing. Therefore, I am reaching out to you all in order to get an idea of how to allow myself to RP as a druid. As an example, a druid who follows either Tunare or Karana would respect life, animals, growth, storms, not pollute, etc in game. I am more interested in the follow:

1: Which server lends itself better to RP?
-On the one hand red is less populated, so less people to break immersion, and the idea of any PC or NPC being predator or prey is appealing, but I have never played on Red and not sure how that community would react to someone RPing. On the flip side, Blue is "safer" from a PVP standpoint, but are there any RP guides or groups who regularly meet?

2: How can I still enjoy buffing passer-bys without breaking immersion.
-Helping other people out was some of the best parts of a Druid back on live, not sure how I can do that given my playstyle. If I have to sacrifice this on my Druid, so be it; just don't want to come off like a jerk in game either.

3: Any other hints or ideas?
-I'm open to suggestions. In terms of my ideas, I plan on minimal use of charm kiting (yes, I know its the fastest, yes, it is fun) as I can't really head-canon a druid making two animals fight just for loot/exp/ect or even using one animal to put itself in danger just to kill a mob. Mostly I'll be soloing due to trying to RP, so I don't mind root rotting/quad kiting; but it would be against non-animals. Basically just ideas on how and what a druid would hunt given the above. I'm not really concerned with raiding, gear, and so on. I have other characters for those kinds of things.

Thanks in advance everyone, looking forward to some discussion on this.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:48 PM
Sarnak

If you're that into roleplaying I would go play Shards of Dalaya, the RP scene over there was decent when I played there.

There is almost no roleplay on P99 blue, and most people use /roleplay to avoid letting other guilds know where they are or for druids to avoid getting tons of tells for ports/free buffs.

I wish you luck.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbstractVision [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is almost no roleplay on P99 blue, and most people use /roleplay to avoid letting other guilds know where they are or for druids to avoid getting tons of tells for ports/free buffs.

I wish you luck.
This.

RPers on P99 have two options really. First, they can join (or form) the server's latest "small family role-play guild", and then role-play with each other.

Second, they can just play P99 like a normal person, and just roleplay with strangers they meet. Some will be confused, some will think you're nuts, and some might even find it annoying, but some will enjoy it and role-play along.

P.S. As for leveling as a non-charming Druid you pretty much have to root/rot or group at first until you start getting quad spells, and that will be slow, but once you start quadding you can quad frost giants in Eastern Wastes or any other non-animal RP-appropriate mob all the way to 60 (although you might want to come up with an RP reason to hate the Othmir, as they are a very popular high level quad target).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-20-2019 at 01:13 PM..
Old 02-20-2019, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

I like red for role play, it's not exactly multiplayer unless you bring a few friends with you though.

I feel p99 needs a RP group. Rivervale Vanguard was cool while it lasted. Maybe you could search that mega thread for inspiration?
Old 02-20-2019, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe try out ALS there’s a few who RP here and certainly no one will judge <3
Actually everyone should join ALS and it’ll be like we make our own green
Old 02-23-2019, 09:31 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Appreciate all the feedback everyone. I started a Druid on both Red and Blue for the first few levels to test it out, I'll update this in a few days with how its going in case other people want to follow suit. A pure RP guide would be fun on either server though!
Old 02-26-2019, 07:25 AM
Decaying Skeleton

have you find any roleplayers on Blue?
Old 02-26-2019, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

You could always join DaP. You get the social interactions of RP when you Port and guild chat is always poppin. The only thing is if you want to full on RP with /role you will still get tells from other zones. So you can RP but will be required to field requests if you roll /role and not anon RP.

If you are curious you can check out our website for more details. http://dialaport.freeforums.net/page/rules

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 03-02-2019, 05:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could always join DaP. You get the social interactions of RP when you Port and guild chat is always poppin. The only thing is if you want to full on RP with /role you will still get tells from other zones. So you can RP but will be required to field requests if you roll /role and not anon RP.

If you are curious you can check out our website for more details. http://dialaport.freeforums.net/page/rules
RP DaP sounds legit. You can troll port evils to Toxx or Skyfire and play it off as RP.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:45 AM
Large Bat

Druids aren't PETA members. They protect nature in general, and sometimes this means culling invasive species to maintain balance or calling upon wild beasts to destroy those who would corrupt the land. Charm kite as much as you want, you can even eat meat and Tunare most likely won't even care!
Closed Thread