Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 06:32 PM
Fire Giant

Default Helssen's Signet quest as 60 enc

Anyone able to give me a quick tutorial on how to do this as a 60 enc with Dicatate, 6th floor TOFS key and KOS to giant faction?
Old 03-26-2019, 02:05 AM
Sarnak

Hey man I'm assuming you read through the walkthrough on the wiki, but just incase ill post this here:

Abram's ghost can be found on the floor 6A of theTower of Frozen Shadow. His ghost goes by the name of Incoherent Spirit. The placeholder for Incoherent Spirit is called incoherent spirit with a lower case 'i'. There is only one spawn and the respawn time is 54 minutes. Killing the Incoherent Spirit will spawn Lucid Spirit of Abrams. Hand him his beard and he will hand you the Arcanum of Rosh. (You have a limited time before the lucid version despawns.)

Note: On floor 6A where Incoherent Spirit spawns you will have to go through at least one trap to get to his spawn point. The trap will
DD you for 700+ damage. To get to the spawn -- Click onto floor 6A, IVU yourself, go straight past the first "T intersection", at the
second "T intersection" go right, hug the wall on your right (DD trap is around here), make another right, and Incoherent Spirit will be
in a little cubby laying down. If he aggros, you will be Harm Touched for 420 damage, make sure you're not low HP from the DD trap. The
spawn isn't marked on the map, and there are no roaming mobs or other mobs near his cubby.

I have NOT done this quest but from looking at the map I believe the spawn is here:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And for the turn in I would assume it is like most Enchanter quests turn in's with faction issues. Just charm the mob (making him amiable to you) and turn in your items. You just have to use dictate (only 48 sec duration) because noble is lvl 55.

From Wiki: Note: Wenglawk's will not assist Noble Helssen or aggro you despite being right beside him, a KOS 60 Enchanter can invis into the
room, stand in the corner, cast Dictate on him, do the turn in, and gate out

Hope this helped man. GL!

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Last edited by Hibbs; 03-26-2019 at 02:12 AM..
Old 03-26-2019, 07:15 AM
Fire Giant

Thanks - I should have specified. Step one is to hail Lieutenant Krofer to get Krofer’s Requisition. He is KoS to me and charming him doesn’t allow me to get the quest item.

The wiki makes it seem like you can breeze through the quest with Dictate. I can’t get past this step.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

You're probably not standing close enough to him. Try standing right under him and say the line. I hope this helps!
Old 03-26-2019, 02:03 PM
Banned

The trickiest part for me was getting Drioc out of the bank. The wiki has a good how-to:

Quote:
Note:A KOS 60 Enchanter can pull Drioc out of the bank with just one other giant to a mostly-safe spot. Cast gnome illusion, Calm the
giants outside the bank, invis into the bank and target the 2 giants beside Drioc. Run most of the way up the ramp towards Eastern
Wastes, look through the wall with gnome Illusion, Calm both giants. Once they are both calmed, spam Calm on the one closest to the door
until he Critically resists(Drioc is to far away to Crit resist pull from here). Drioc and the 1 giant will run up the ramp, root them
both, Dictate Drioc, and turn in the report, gate. The level 60 Banker and 2 giants beside him will not come with Drioc with this method.
Make sure Captain Bvellos isn't pathing in/out of the bank when you do this and no groups are in the way!
It took me a bit, but eventually the stars aligned and got him pulled w/ just the 1 add.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The trickiest part for me was getting Drioc out of the bank. The wiki has a good how-to:

It took me a bit, but eventually the stars aligned and got him pulled w/ just the 1 add.
Other than getting keyed to ToFS, this is the hardest part of the quest to solo. If you have a level 60 that can snare, this part is made really easy.

I have a level 60 druid friend who levs up, cast snare on Drioc, and books it to the zoneline. Make sure you give a 2 minute, 1 minute, and final warning before you train to the zone so you don't piss everyone at the zoneline off. If snare lands, Drioc will be at the back of the pack and you can charm him with Dictate, do the turn in, and gate out. If snare doesn't land, tash him and gate out. This will greatly increase your chances of snare landing during the second attempt.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:02 AM
Kobold

I started working on this quest today. I was able to both Dictate and Boltrans to charm Krofer, say the magic words, and get Krofer's Requisition to hand into Drioc. Not sure what issue you were having with him before.

Staff Sergeant Drioc is in the bank and both he and Captain Bvellos will try to root you if you run, so make sure Bvellos paths away before you try to tash Drioc and train him to the WL ZL. You can't just cast Dictate on Drioc in the bank because it will aggro everything around him and even the blues (at 60) resisted calm pretty badly and the merchants near him are level 60. The best case scenario is, after you zone back in and invis/illusion/collaboration, Drioc will path back to the bank far enough away from adds that you can get off a charm+handin+gate. Don't try to use anything other than Dictate on Drioc. If he is still grouped, you should root or tash him to try to break him away from the rest of the pack. After one successful attempt getting him solo, then having to restart and dying or hatting a few times, a monk+cleric duo showed up eventually that was planning on pulling Drioc to the ZL anyways for his head. The cleric was not KOS, so he just chain-hailed Drioc near the ZL while everything else pathed back. This let me Dictate him without any adds, and then I simply zoned out to break the charm.

I followed the squad that went to go kill the silfaye villagers, but without faction you can't tell them to fight, so I waited for the squad to depop but by time I got back to the Kael ZL where Krofer was waiting, a factioning group had killed him. I dunno if this means my quest is F'd now. On a previous attempt, I followed advice on the wiki and just handed in the Mission Report to Krofer while the squad was otw to the silfaye village and he swallowed my report, making me restart from scratch. I'd suggest waiting for the squad to depop and being vocal in /ooc that Krofer should NOT be engaged until after your quest script finished. It took maybe 10-15 mins for the script to finish.

Right now I'm waiting on Krofer to respawn at his normal spot so I can charm him and hand him the Mission Report, despite him not being in his scripted-waiting state. If he swallows that too, I'll have to restart a 3rd time.
[53 Channeler] Xenk
[59 Luminary] Problem
[31 Monk] Solution
Old 04-14-2019, 03:07 PM
Kobold

OK, I can confirm giving Krofer the 2nd Mission Report immediately after he pops (and charming) works.

The ToFS guy seems like a pretty rare spawn.
[53 Channeler] Xenk
[59 Luminary] Problem
[31 Monk] Solution
Old 04-14-2019, 07:30 PM
Kobold

Got my earring. Took maybe 5 spawns of the PH in ToFS. Pretty annoying, but well worth it!
[53 Channeler] Xenk
[59 Luminary] Problem
[31 Monk] Solution
Old 04-14-2019, 08:17 PM
Sarnak

Grats Jick! The Incoherent Spirit can be a huge pain; I'm glad you were able to get the quest done.
Closed Thread