Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 05:59 PM
Orc

Default Druid Twink Gear

I may dust off my level 9 Druid to play with a friend. I’ve seen some articles and posts regarding Druid twink gear, but most of it seems outdated.

Anyway, I’m just looking for some advice on cheap or moderate Druid gear. Nothing fancy, just some decent stuff to give me the most bang for buck. Maybe a couple thousand plat total budget?

Also if there are any must have items, please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 03-27-2019, 10:36 AM
Fire Giant

If you intend to quad kite later, a good wisdom pool is nice to have, so just check the gear guide for that. There is a AE clicky too, expensive of course.

For charm killing the goblin gazhugi ring isnt exactly needed, but helpfull. Pretty expensive as well, but you can camp it yourself. It's a low level camp, but can take a loooong time (that's why its expensive).

In general you don't really need any great gear to be effective, even solo. Great gear just makes it a bit easier, but it wont save you from medding for your mana., so it actually won't save you much time.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:36 PM
Fire Giant

On the cheap end just (a few thousand plat) just focus on cheap +wisdom maybe some mana items...

Cone of mystics / Book of obulus - i think are the cheapest most bang for you buck primary and secondary's I could be wrong though

Frozen orb i think is the cheapest yet highest return range item - 3wis / 3int +40mana

platnium or velium +wisdom rings crafted by a jewellery maker

Since mana regen is fixed (unless you are getting buffed by other ppl) all your really focusing on is increasing your mana pool - try where you can afford to get items that have +wisdom AND +mana , rather than classic items that are just +wisdom, this may cost you a few hundred plat more per item , but you will get ALOT more mileage out of them, some of the cheap caster items from velious are typically used by level 60s waiting for raid upgrades

Crystal spider eyes
Coldain skin boots
Coldain skin gloves
Black sapphire electrum earrings x2
Platnium Tiara
Frozen Orb
Crystalline silk belt

While not currently in your budget these items will last you until 60 and beyond till you get raid upgrades

All this being said I will re-state the obvious, make sure you always have enough plat for your new spells, as a spell caster your primary upgrades are your spells make sure you have them / can afford them
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Last edited by Foxplay; 03-27-2019 at 05:41 PM..
Old 03-27-2019, 11:59 PM
Planar Protector

If I was starting over on my Druid I would save literally every penny until I had saved up enough for clicky thurgadin breastplate MQ. No other piece of gear will add more power to this class than free unlimited clicky regrowth of the grove (600 mana saved per cast on a spell you wouldn’t otherwise have until 58).

I know it’s not exactly in the price range you’re asking about but once you can port it’s well worth the dozen or 2 hours of port whoring it would take to save up the funds for. Getting that bp at 56 actually allowed me to be a viable main healer again for the first time in 30ish levels. I regret not getting it sooner.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 03-28-2019, 08:40 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I was starting over on my Druid I would save literally every penny until I had saved up enough for clicky thurgadin breastplate MQ. No other piece of gear will add more power to this class than free unlimited clicky regrowth of the grove (600 mana saved per cast on a spell you wouldn’t otherwise have until 58).

I know it’s not exactly in the price range you’re asking about but once you can port it’s well worth the dozen or 2 hours of port whoring it would take to save up the funds for. Getting that bp at 56 actually allowed me to be a viable main healer again for the first time in 30ish levels. I regret not getting it sooner.
This is absolutely correct. Nowadays you can probably find the bp mq for (way) less than 10k, and the gems are 1k or less. Having constant mana free regen leveling up is huge, both for you and your group.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:55 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I was starting over on my Druid I would save literally every penny until I had saved up enough for clicky thurgadin breastplate MQ. No other piece of gear will add more power to this class than free unlimited clicky regrowth of the grove (600 mana saved per cast on a spell you wouldn’t otherwise have until 58)..
Great advice, thank you. At what level can you actually use the effect?
Old 03-28-2019, 10:27 AM
Banned

Haha somebody trade me my ES BP for the Thurg MQ!
Old 03-28-2019, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

The items that are most meaningful to druids increase mana regen and decrease mana consumption. The rest is just stat filler that gives you deeper mana pockets or increased survivability. Traditional Druid gear, other than that discussed below, won’t give you more mana over time to increase your throughput, it just gives you more buffer to play with situationally. Clicks avoid mana expenditure. In saving you 600 mana every 20 minutes, for example, velious bp click averages out to the equivalent of FT3. Not having to manually cast 35 mana ensnare if needed once a minute works out to FT3 as well.

Key mana amplifiers: any FT items

Key mana savers: velious bp quest (or hate bp), epic (or ghetto snare clicks like ES gloves), DS gloves, sow boots (velious quest or hate), clicky drones (ES arms vs velious/hate) bracer, lumi staff if quadding.

With the right tools druids can cover most of their bases without using any mana.

Of all of the above, clicky regrowth of the grove is far and away the biggest game changer. The fact that you can click it at level 46 (fully 12 levels premature) is absolutely huge. Like I said, I didn’t quest it until 56 but it literally made the difference between being able to keep up as the primary healer vs not being able to keep up. Having to spend mana only on direct blast heals (snare, regen, DS, sow all free clicks) is clutch.

If in a more support/dps role it still really opens up the class. Less mana spent on the mundane let’s you spend that precious mana on laying down the hurt. Compared to wizards, Druid nuke potential isn’t actually that terrible. The mana free clicks put the nail in the coffin when you consider a head to head contest of Druid vs wizard in all areas except burning a resisty raid named.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 03-28-2019 at 11:16 AM..
Old 03-28-2019, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

It's sorta already been said, but just to emphasize it a little more, stat gear is almost worthless for leveling IMHO. Don't even bother. Instead, save your money for items that actually matter:

#1: Goblin Gazughi Ring - Yes it's 7k (or whatever it goes for now), but this item is literally all I twinked my druid with (plus a few meaningless stat items I had lying around) and it's really all he used up until 45 or so; about half his inventory slots were completely empty that entire time (did I mention stat gear really doesn't matter?) and a few more just had like raw leather or some other garbage I looted as I leveled

Then, at 45 when clickies start working:

#2: Luminescent Staff - Pretty much a must have for quadding

#3 and #4: Elder Spiritualist Arms/Gloves - Mana-free snare/DoT, 'nuff said (and these are cheap enough you might even want to give them to the druid earlier just for the, mostly meaningless, AC)

But other than those items (and of course your epic and, if by some miracle you acquire one, a Fungi: I found they are surprisingly helpful even for Druids at higher levels) the rest of your gear really won't matter much until you quad, and even then you only need enough of a mana pool to finish the quad and then the rest doesn't matter.

Even 45+, while I did start filling out my slots, I still had empty ones all the way up until I hit 60 (when I still had 2 or 3 slots left unfilled). Stat gear is just that meaningless that I had absolutely no issue leveling (and 99% of the deaths I incurred would not have been prevented by a few more HP or mana).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-28-2019 at 11:55 AM..
Old 03-28-2019, 03:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarder981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At what level can you actually use the effect?
Although the wiki says level 46, I have been told that all the Velious Quest Armor is actually clickable at level 1. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I know I have seen a low level cleric in Unrest clicking the Thurg Legs to heal.
Closed Thread