Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

Default GoT Death Odds for S3E8 [SPOILERS]

Not exactly a death "pool" because I'm just looking at a singular episode, which promises to be pretty bloody, and setting odds on who won't make it out alive.

I'm only listing the characters associated with the impending battle at Winterfell.

Here are the odds, in order from most likely to die in S8E3 to the least likely...

Theon (-300): I don't know how Theon doesn't die in the battle. His whole arc is begging to be written into him giving his life to save Bran or any other Stark.

Greyworm (-200): They were clearly setting this up in Episode 2.

Khal ? (-180): Not sure if he even is a Khal anymore, but I'm talking about the leader of the Dothraki that they keep showing in the background. A lot of these characters are going to die and he seems very expendable.

The Night King (-140): More of a long term bet, but I don't see the dead winning the fight and the final 3 episodes of GoT being the Night King/undead army vs. Cersei. It would abruptly end a lot of interesting story lines. The Starks/Targaryans are going to fight Cersei before it is all over.

Ice Dragon (-140): Same odds as the Night King for obvious reasons.

Either/Both of Dany's Dragons (-130): Dragons are going to fight each other and I don't think any further explanation is needed. If anything I would say 1 dies and 1 lives.

Tormund (EVEN): Who f*cking knows. I hope he lives.

Jamie (+120): Fighting and dying for the Starks and Targaryens would complete his arc. Also seems set up that there will be a Brienne involved battlefield farewell/thank you scene.

Jorah (+150): You know he's going to be near the front line swinging that big mfing sword.

Tyrion (+160): Tyrion is going to have a big strategic part in however the battle is won, but Bronn is also potentially coming to assassinate him.

Daenerys (+200): This would clear the table for Jon/Aegon. She is also going to be in the crypts with a bunch of dead bodies…

Davos (+220): A lot of talk last episode about him continuously surviving fights he shouldn't survive.

Jon Snow/Aegon Targaryon (+250): I don't see this happening. Ned, Robb, and Caitlyn Stark were major protagonists but Jon/Aegon is, in my opinion, "too big to fail".

Bran (+250): The Night King is coming for him, but there hasn't been any set up from Bran on needing to find a new 3 eyed raven, and that seems like the MO for the 3ER. Still slightly higher on this list because he is going to be a guy in a wheelchair in a fight to the death.

Podrick (+280): I have a feeling he lives but he is going to be in the thick of it.

Gendry (+300): They've been keeping this guy around for a reason, and him being the half son of an illegitimate king isn't it. It could have been for everybody's favorite S8E2 scene, but I don't think that was it either.

Arya (+300): Good odds that she is out there killing white walker(s) which will be tough to surive, but her arc needs to end with her killing more of her list. Calling it now: The Mountain kills the The Hound in the Clegane Bowl and Arya avenges him by killing the Mountain. This checks a lot of boxes.

Brienne (+300): Similar to Jorah, but I have a feeling she is the one that survives if it is between her and Jamie.

Lady Moormont (+350): They've already killed Shireen so I guess it is possible, but this seems set up for her to fight and survive.

The Hound (+500): Gotta make it to the Clegane Bowl.

Samwell (+500): He'll be Grand Maester when Jon takes the throne.

Sansa (+700): ...and she'll be the Lady of Winterfell (Warden of the North?) when Jon takes the throne.

Ghost (+800): Don't f*cking do this to us. Just...don't.

Varys (+1000): I can't picture a scene where he dies.

Gilly (+1000): The way they have her now as a polished lady helping the masses seems like her arc ends quietly as Sam's wife and little Sam's mother in King's Landing.

Missandei (+1000): When Greyworm is dead at the end of the battle they will need Missandei for the obligatory mourning scene
Old 04-22-2019, 01:47 PM
Sarnak

S8E3, not the other way around...
Old 04-22-2019, 01:51 PM
Banned

Dumbledor is fucked imo
Old 04-22-2019, 03:10 PM
Sarnak

I'd happily bet against Brienne and Ghost at those odds. Brienne's arc is complete, and Ghost takes up too much of the CGI budget - even more than the dragons. Something about his fur being harder to render than scales.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:13 PM
Banned

arya and henry will die. teenagers who bang always die in horror films.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

I have a funny feeling Melisandre will return with a detachment of red priests/red warriors. They will be like gandalf in helm's deep. They will basically be sacrificed to allow the other core cast to safely retareat and find a someway to kill the night king when they find out that the night king appears to not be killable by dragonglass or fire.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:45 AM
Sarnak

Pretty sure the night king dies as well, but I'm also pretty sure some major protagonist becomes the new night king. Could be Jon, could be someone else.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:37 AM
Sarnak

I've seen theories that the Night King, and all of the white walkers, is tied to the Targaryans...

Aemon Targaryan (Maester of the Night's Watch from early seasons) alludes to Jon after Jon's pseudo escape in S1E10 that Aemon has been beyond the wall and he has also had his loyalties "tested".

We know that Craster's male babies are being given to the white walkers to become white walkers themselves. We also know the Targaryan's are famous for in-breeding.

The theory is that Aemon had a son beyond the wall (Craster) who has Targaryan blood and that the Night King is an old Targaryan slowly building a white walker army out of Targaryan babies.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

But why would they suddenly need Targareans for more white walkers when they never did before?Targareans only been in westeros a very short time relativity speaking, whilethe whitewalkers have been around since the first men arrived in westeros.

Aemon seems to indicate he's never broken his vows, so it seems unlikely he had sex with some wildling woman. I also seem to recall that when he was talking about his loyalty/vows being tested he was referring to his choice to not invovlev himself in Robert's Rebellion.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

People I think are going to die next episode....(S8E3)
-Brienne of Tarth
-Theon
-Jon and Sams little friend from the night watch with the black long hair...i forget his name.
-The 1 eyed paladin that keeps getting resurrected.
-Gendry
-Podrick
-Thormund
-Davos OR Jorah. They will keep one of them around.
-The Night King

I also think someone nobody expects dies. Either Dany, Arya or Bran...

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 04-23-2019 at 03:50 PM..
Closed Thread