Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-02-2015, 04:15 AM
Orc

Default Gunlok Jure bone chips quest

If you give Gunlok Jure 4 bone chips, it will print out a failure message 3 times before it prints out the success message.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, is it normal for the reward to be random? I've seen him give armor sometimes, and sometimes not.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:03 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you give Gunlok Jure 4 bone chips, it will print out a failure message 3 times before it prints out the success message.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Working as intended.

Quote:
Also, is it normal for the reward to be random? I've seen him give armor sometimes, and sometimes not.
Looks like it's around a 50% chance. If this is not correct, will need more information.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:23 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Working as intended.
Really? Is this a bug that existed in classic or is it not considered a bug at all?

Quote:
Looks like it's around a 50% chance. If this is not correct, will need more information.
OK. I couldn't remember if quests had variable rewards or not.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:06 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? Is this a bug that existed in classic or is it not considered a bug at all?
It's not a bug at all. Most* npcs having multiquestable quests had an intermediate text phrase that hinted what was needed for a successful turn in, minus one.

So in this example, Gunlok wants 4 bone chips.

If you handed him a single bone chip, he would say "I called for the remains of four skeletons."

If you had previously turned in 3 bone chips, on the fourth turn in, he would give quest reward text and no intermediate phrase. Turning in all 4, you receive 3 intermediates and 1 reward phrase.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Shouldn't it be giving rusty weapons and lanterns the other 50% of the time?
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:27 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right now, he will give an item from an array 50% of the time. That array includes patchwork, tattered, rusty, torch, and lantern.

If this needs modification, need specifics.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, on live he always gave something for four bone chips. Don't recall patchwork being anywhere near 50% tho. Mostly random rusties and small lanterns, with some small patchwork and large lanterns mixed in. Remember if being really tedious selling off the cheap crap when I would do it with a non-twink lowbie and actually wanted the pennies so I could go buy a few spells or a piece of banded from a player smith or whatever.