Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 05-08-2022, 02:48 AM
Kobold

Default What are all these other servers?

I see the 3 colored servers for p99 and there forums, but when I login I see dozens of other servers, even one with a higher population, but no discussion forum for any of them. Are they also p99 servers or what?

I see an "Omens of war" server that seems to generally have the highest population. Why is that? Should I play there?
Old 05-09-2022, 01:20 AM
Kobold

Project 1999's servers are just a few of dozens of servers that are based on the work done on EQEmulator, an open source project. Project 1999 makes use of EQ Emu's login servers, which is why you see all those other servers in the servers list when you login.

If you want more info on the other servers, check out EQEmulator's website and server list: http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?pageid=serverlist
Old 05-09-2022, 06:58 AM
Sarnak

i can strongly recommend Imperium if u wana see raidcontent solo. on this server you can basicaly solo everything.

yes, youll get bored at some point but its nice to experience every zone/mob in the game. took me around 2 weeks to fight my way up to quarm in PoP.
Mitic - Green - Dial a Port (yes, porting is more fun than raid-rotations) - 2020
Old 05-09-2022, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

I think the high pop on those other servers are box accounts. The number of actual players is much less. They look higher than P99 because the playerbase is split between two servers and those servers have 3x or more box accounts than players online. Oh, and red is dead.

Some of those servers even tell you how to set up MQ2 for boxing on their websites.
Old 05-09-2022, 11:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolander [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i can strongly recommend Imperium if u wana see raidcontent solo. on this server you can basicaly solo everything.

yes, youll get bored at some point but its nice to experience every zone/mob in the game. took me around 2 weeks to fight my way up to quarm in PoP.
Are the positions, paths and spawn rates of all mobs the same? Could I, for example, scope out a dungeon on Imperium to figure out where
and how to camp for a particular mob?
Old 05-09-2022, 11:40 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolander [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

ORLY. I love to explore so I am going to have to check this out. thanks
Old 05-09-2022, 01:27 PM
Sarnak

the first thing to do is #zone guildlobby the moment u create a char on imperium. yes you can port into any zone with #zone zonename, no keys needed for locked ones
Mitic - Green - Dial a Port (yes, porting is more fun than raid-rotations) - 2020
Old 05-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dural_Levant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are the positions, paths and spawn rates of all mobs the same? Could I, for example, scope out a dungeon on Imperium to figure out where
and how to camp for a particular mob?
mobs are pretty accurate on spawnpoints, not as good as p99 but very close. you can zone to any location in a dungeon with the i.e. #zone butcher 100 100 5 command, or just #zone butcher to zone to the zone line. google their messageboard, the whole info is there.
Old 05-09-2022, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Its really fun to explore on the godmode servers or GM
Power servers
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-09-2022, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

the ez server is neat except all the luclin models.