Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 01:42 PM
Large Bat

EVERQUEST IS HARD OMG! I played for 1 day and didn't get max level. And i begged for someone to PL me and give me gears and nobody did. I QUIT! While there are definitely cliques on these servers, tons of people are willing to help. Feels like the OP is throwing the tantrum here.
Old 02-06-2020, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigustron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No I didnt break any rules. And there have been a few people helping me. One guy even gave me 60pp but I can't touch it anymore because I hate the dark elf starting area and I can't touch it now. And I'll admit I was a bit frustrated when I wrote that post and I am sorry for that.

I love this game. I love not having to follow gold exclamation marks around and killing or gathering x thing to give to random bob. I love how there isn't an implied rush to end game.

I am just so frustrated that I have a small fortune and I can't touch it because the dark elf starting area is the video game version of hell. Hardly any mobs, big ass golems just wanting to crush you into the ground for being in their sight. I have begged people to help me get it but, all I get is "Roll a dark elf" and its like "I fucking hate that race."

I tried rolling a gnome Necro but, that turned disastrous when I got too close to a guy that didnt like necros and got killed with all my money and loot too close to him. I begged for help and I was just ignored. One guy, another newb, even sacrificed himself to help me try to get it when no one else would.

I am sorry. I love this game but, there are times like these that make me want to just fully uninstall the game.
You sound like you need to acquaint yourself with the newbie guides on the wiki, slow yourself down, be more patient, and join a leveling guild where you can ask questions. Cause boy, have you got a lot of things wrong.

You're making newbie mistakes (like apparently attacking golems as a dark elf, cause they won't normally attack you, or wandering close to "good" NPCs as an evil PC) and then going into a frothing-at-the-mouth frenzy on the forums when you didn't instantly get your hand held through the very beginning, simplest stages of the game.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 02-06-2020 at 01:49 PM..
Old 02-06-2020, 02:05 PM
Sarnak

I guess 60pp being a “small fortune” is all relative, but are you saying you can’t transfer it to another character? A lot of people could help you transfer some plat to a new character. Even Dial a Porters can help transferring gear to another character if you drop them a tip. Hell, I’ve got a character camped in EC, I could help transfer for you.

Sounds like you had quite a bit of help as a newb. Someone gave you 60pp (spell money to cover at least to mid-teens), someone else sacrificed themselves trying to get your corpse...what else are you trying to get??

You don’t have to level in Nek Forest. You can grab a port to Gfay, have someone bind you outside Kelethin guard range, and go fight in Crushbone. Or Blackburrow by Qeynos. And if you have questions about game mechanics that can’t be answered from the Wiki, ask away in the “Starting Zone” forum.

Still confused how such minor inconveniences would prompt such a visceral response, or make you want to uninstall.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:14 PM
Banned

Its very sad how many people will not get to enjoy this project because they play the blue server.

Red is so much better, you join a little group of players or a guild and you fight against the other guilds, people actually care about getting you geared up and you are always included in stuff thats happening because you need numbers to hold stuff down.

its a shame most of you dont have any fun on this project.
Old 02-06-2020, 04:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigustron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried this game back when green launched. It was then when I met this community and wasn't impressed. All you did was cry to gms about getting your camps taken from you like children.

I gave it a few months. Maybe I was wrong everyone deserves a second change, right?

Wrong!

I came back here hoping that I was wrong about the community. That all the posts on reddit about how toxic and clique-y it was was just disgruntled players.

I was wrong.

You people are just a bunch of spoiled brats. You won't help new players to save your lives. You either ignore people out right or you just tell them to fuck off. You all act like this and expect people to play here?

I understand why you all act like this. Most of you were probably locked in a room with your new shiney computer that mommy and daddy bought you along with a sub to this game and you were handed every fucking thing. You are probably mostly only children who never had to share a goddamn thing. They way you people act is truly pathetic. I know your real life sucks so you have to come on a 20 year old video game just to validate your lives.

Some people just want to have fun and play a game. You people sit there and talk about the social "experiences" this game is supposed to be about yet, every experience I have had is a goddamn shit show.

This game would be so much better if you people knew how to act like decent human beings. This server would have a fuck ton of new players too. But, no, you greedy asses can't even stop what your doing to help new players because "I don't have to. Twenty years ago mommy and daddy said it was mine and I don't have share! Hmh!"

Keep your fucking game and your fucking community. I hope this shit gets wiped in the worse possible way so I can see you all come back here crying about how you lost your precious characters. You'd probably spend your days crying to the gms like you cry to them about everything.
Edit: I guess that was mean, but still, this game is not easy mode and there are plenty of folks who
will help you out. I can toss you a few hundred plat and answer some questions if you like.
Last edited by RipVanFish; 02-06-2020 at 04:15 PM..
Old 02-06-2020, 04:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its very sad how many people will not get to enjoy this project because they play the blue server.

Red is so much better, you join a little group of players or a guild and you fight against the other guilds, people actually care about getting you geared up and you are always included in stuff thats happening because you need numbers to hold stuff down.

I’ve seen you make this same statement multiple times. Why do you even go to the blue or green message boards? You’re not convincing anyone to play on the 30 player pop wasteland of Red. Do you even play on Green or do you just come here to troll?
Old 02-06-2020, 04:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like to see OP's logs and screenshots of all these horrible people telling a newbie to fuck off.
WTF dude, you trying to get me banned???
Old 02-06-2020, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Is thus R or F? Asking for a friend
Old 02-06-2020, 04:39 PM
Fire Giant

Sounds like OP has anger issues.

He's frustrated about his newbie area so his first thought is to lash out at the community because reasons.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 02-06-2020, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol wut? We all have tons of fun on this project [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] hence why the pop on green is in the 4 figures!

This statement sounds like the statement of someone who is salty that everyone is having fun on the other servers and not playing on red lol
Closed Thread