Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-06-2020, 01:53 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I had this same issue and its an easy fix if your using an nvidia graphics card. In the nvidia control panel I've noticed that Windows 10 now has control over most of your graphic settings, which sucks. Anyways, the setting to change is the "Low Latency Mode". By default its off, or it was for me. Turning it to "Ultra" fixed the fps problem I had of not going over 35fps. Hope this helps.
Old 08-21-2020, 12:04 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I tried this and now I can't log in at all.. I get an error message at the server screen
Old 10-02-2020, 05:12 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Links dont work, cant see what to do
Old 10-19-2020, 04:41 PM
Large Bat

Would WinEQ mess with the scrolling in-game? When I restarted a week or so ago, I was able to use the mouse wheel to scroll vendors, camera, etc. I don't use 3rd person, I just used the scroll wheel to browse vendors, loot my many bodies, and so on. To try and fix a zoning crash issue I started WinEQ again and I guess it runs in the background, but for the past several days I can't scroll anything, and it's irritating. Is there any work-around, or does anyone know what might be causing it? It used to work for me.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:49 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coriander [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would WinEQ mess with the scrolling in-game? When I restarted a week or so ago, I was able to use the mouse wheel to scroll vendors, camera, etc. I don't use 3rd person, I just used the scroll wheel to browse vendors, loot my many bodies, and so on. To try and fix a zoning crash issue I started WinEQ again and I guess it runs in the background, but for the past several days I can't scroll anything, and it's irritating. Is there any work-around, or does anyone know what might be causing it? It used to work for me.
Shift right click on the screen and on the pop-up window click reset and try scrolling camera after.
Old 12-03-2020, 05:49 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemD82 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had this same issue and its an easy fix if your using an nvidia graphics card. In the nvidia control panel I've noticed that Windows 10 now has control over most of your graphic settings, which sucks. Anyways, the setting to change is the "Low Latency Mode". By default its off, or it was for me. Turning it to "Ultra" fixed the fps problem I had of not going over 35fps. Hope this helps.
fixed it for me, thanks. you can set it as a program specific setting too so it only enables it when playing P99
Old 01-06-2021, 04:10 AM
Decaying Skeleton

update those pictures so we can see what to do for first time users of WinEQ & Players of Project 1999 -- how do we make sure it's targeting the bat file?
Old 01-08-2021, 12:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

My experience is that Project 1999's Titanium is problematic. I installed WinEQ2, as suggested on the wiki, and apart from clearing out the server list, so I had to unroll my backup of the installation, it fixes those problems.

So for those of you reading this, and still unsure what to do if you want to install WinEQ2, take a backup of your EverQuest installation, install and run WinEQ2, and if your server list is gone, unroll your backup; at that time you should have both working fine.
Old 02-10-2021, 01:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemD82 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I... Anyways, the setting to change is the "Low Latency Mode". By default its off, or it was for me. Turning it to "Ultra" fixed the fps problem I had of not going over 35fps. Hope this helps.
Hi. Thanks for this tip !

I am new here and play in Window-mode and always got only 30-40 fps ..

after changing this Low Latency Mode ("Modus fuer geringe Latenz" here for my language) to "Ultra" i have now stable 60 fps ...

wounderful .. thank you very much [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-18-2021, 07:30 PM
Sarnak

Frame rate issues here as well. I can’t raid because even with every setting at its lowest the lag choppy frame rates are terrible. Would WinEQ2 help with this and what does “ try running EQ under WinEQ2” mean? Like install the program and have it on the screen then launch p99?
Sorry if this has been answered already but there’s a lot to read through.
My system is amd 8350 8 core, 8gig graphics, 16gb ram and 400 meg internet. I just wanna be able to get away from the choppy frame rates.
Thank you.