Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2019, 09:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thugnuts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- Poop in bags. I've already been saving my plastic grocery store bags for several weeks and have a proper toilet seat mounted to a 5 gallon bucket. I'm also lucky in that my garbage pick up bin is right below my bedroom window. It's still a solid 12 feet away from my desk, but I'm thinking I can just rush to the window between spawns and throw my poop bags directly into my can for the garbage collection on Mondays.

- I just "broke up" with my last RL friend. Known the guy for twenty years but if I didn't let him go, I know he'd just be communicating with me and trying to hang out and stuff while I'm playing. Also no girlfriend, because I'm red pilled to the max and don't want to lower my standards.

- Been stocking up on tuna fish pouches and boxes of ritz crackers for those late camp munchie attacks. I'm also thinking about moving my refrigerator into my bedroom and stocking it with 100% ready-to-eat food items that way I never have to cook or do dishes.

- I'm also retraining my body to become comfortable with a polyphasic sleep cycle. That basically means I'll take like one 2 hour nap per day, and offset that with short micro naps of like 20-35 minutes at a time, depending on what I'm camping. I've also secured a small supply of caffeine pills to help me when I absolutely can't sleep at all. And I mean real caffeine pills, manufactured by the Soviet Union specifically for long-term storage in case of protracted warfare. Sweet deal out of Ukraine, meant to hit you like a bolt of lightning.

- Main goals are to create the top raiding/farming guild on Green and maintain complete dominance of the raid scene for the entire classic timeline. Think TMO and Aftermath, but more hostile and edgy and driven by the will to conquer.
I can get behind this. You have guild leader written all over you.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:10 PM
Orc

Really surprised no one has mentioned jewelcrafting, wasn't it so profitable at the start.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:21 PM
Fire Giant

It's semi profitable. Platinum rings, veils, necks are the money makers first six months. Then when sol ro gets added hp rings will be easy to make. Stuff using higher end gems won't be so common til Kunark. If you wanna sell the gold stuff to new players at the start you're going to have to move volume cause you won't be getting more than a 10-20pp profit on most of that stuff.

Whether any of that is more profitable than just farming loot as the most OP class in the game? Seems unlikely.
Old 07-28-2019, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

People payed well for stat jewelry in Classic, but current age players won't value them as high. Stein of Moggok was also extremely lucrative, it was the item most wanted by INT casters aside from pretty looking +INT Robes. That thing seriously sold for up to 1,000 plat at the start of the Stein craze and literally everyone would get one as soon as they had the money for it. But people won't pay that these days since they have the wiki knowledge.
Old 07-28-2019, 08:29 PM
Orc

im not going to be able to play until December but im looking forward to green. I figured that's what the announcement was about.
Old 07-28-2019, 08:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People payed well for stat jewelry in Classic, but current age players won't value them as high. Stein of Moggok was also extremely lucrative, it was the item most wanted by INT casters aside from pretty looking +INT Robes. That thing seriously sold for up to 1,000 plat at the start of the Stein craze and literally everyone would get one as soon as they had the money for it. But people won't pay that these days since they have the wiki knowledge.
Trying to knock down stein prices for your Green99 wizard, eh, Zuranthium? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-28-2019, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

Haha, more like my Necro, Enchanter, or Mage!

Not that I will play it, if they are just trying to slavishly copy the classic code. There's nothing left to play that game for. I want an immersive MMORPG (ideally with meaningful PvP), not a pixel farm fest where everyone is going to ignore the RPG element, where there's nothing left to discover, nothing worth competing for, and virtually no joy left.
Old 07-28-2019, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

I think we will find plenty of people enJOYing it because they missed P99 the first time around. I will probably have a presence due to Pantheon being so far out...

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-28-2019, 10:37 PM
Sarnak

I'll play on Green if it's PvE, but dear god I hope it's Teams PvP.

"Play nice" rules are such a huge PITA on fresh PvE servers, especially one like this with no dynamic spawns or layering. Everything is going to be camped, around the clock.

Killing people for camps would be so much more fun.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think we will find plenty of people enJOYing it because they missed P99 the first time around. I will probably have a presence due to Pantheon being so far out...
Perhaps some people will enjoy it. Don't think I will, Blue-server p99 bored me after 1 month when I found it (and I'm someone who ADORED the original Everquest). If the devs are only trying to copy the same old game code, it's going to play nothing like it did in 1999. It will be a hollow experience. I'm sure it will be marginally better than what current p99 is, because at least Old World era EQ has less boring timesinks and less twinking and creates a tighter community, but it's not going to be worth my time if they don't try to make the content more dynamic.