Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Isnt there a see invis mob on the way down to bear pits?
Old 10-01-2019, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isnt there a see invis mob on the way down to bear pits?
Ooooh, you're right, there are several (potentially; it depends on the luck of the spawn I think) See Invis Ice Giants on the way.

However A) I don't know if you even can Sneak past them (I'm not sure they ever face away), and B) I know the old standard approach was just to train down, bind, then Egress out, so there wasn't a need to sneak.

But if it's possible, maybe some people sneak past instead? Anyone ever try that?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:43 PM
Sarnak

Bear pits, plate house, velks frenzy, seb king - it has kept me alive during wipes in tov, kael, icewell. It can literally be used in almost every zone frequented by a lvl 60 adventurer.

Anywhere you find a see invis mob, you can potentially use sneak to get around. The field of an effective sneak is much larger than 180 degrees.

This combined with indoor AE root and snare at 60 make crawling to specific camps possible. I've used it to get to a variety of places usually restricted to coth or drag or a slow, slow solo root/camp crawl.
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Old 10-02-2019, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreldorEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It can literally be used in almost every zone frequented by a lvl 60 adventurer.
Literally (in the proper use of the word), yes: I can literally click my Sneak button in any zone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But practically useful? I think it's a bit hyperbolic to say that Sneak is practically useful in "almost every" (or even the majority) of zones. I'm happy to be convinced otherwise by specific examples though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreldorEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anywhere you find a see invis mob, you can potentially use sneak to get around.
I was about to say this is a flat out lie: you can't sneak past (for instance) the See Invis guards in Kael, because they never look away. But, maybe you know something I don't ...

Quote:
This combined with indoor AE root and snare at 60 make crawling to specific camps possible. I've used it to get to a variety of places usually restricted to coth or drag or a slow, slow solo root/camp crawl.
This is the heart of what I was hoping to see. When some asshole says "see, this thing is obviously awesome and everyone who says otherwise is a moron" ... I think: "that person is a moron" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But when someone says "I'm clever and I'm doing stuff you haven't thought of", then I think "I want to be clever too! Teach me!'

I honestly can't think of a way to combine root and Sneak to get past the See Invis guards in Kael, but I'd love to hear how. Please, let's hear more specifics about how you use Sneak in places that it's not obviously useful to do so (eg. Kael see invis) ... and less "Sneak is good everywhere, duh guys!"

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-02-2019 at 03:00 PM..
Old 10-15-2019, 10:59 AM
Sarnak

Is Warden Symbol of Tunare classic (will it be on green)?
Old 10-15-2019, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you can't sneak past (for instance) the See Invis guards in Kael, because they never look away
Does sneak reduce aggro range, similar to a lull spell, when you're in the frontal 90 degrees? Or does it only make you treated as indifferent so long as you're in the rear 270 (except for a very things that ignore even sneak)?
Old 10-16-2019, 05:23 PM
Sarnak

Can't halfling and wood elf druids just click their guise to show off their robe of the spring? Or can only humans equip it?
Old 10-23-2019, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

They can't equip it.

I have never been able to sneak to anywhere I wanted sneak to work. Specifically past the bats in LGUK

Can someone tell me one place where a halfling can sneak that you couldn't get to without aggro without sneak?

I have been looking since red 99 launch.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-24-2019, 03:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They can't equip it.

I have never been able to sneak to anywhere I wanted sneak to work. Specifically past the bats in LGUK

Can someone tell me one place where a halfling can sneak that you couldn't get to without aggro without sneak?

I have been looking since red 99 launch.
You can sneak past the Wyverns in ToV. I know this because I did it as a halfling cleric.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:13 PM
Kobold

Human Druid

Karana (Lone Wolf Farmer)

Tunare is for pansies

Stache
Closed Thread