Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Fire Giant

Games have new producers, which I don't doubt happened from expansion to expansion. Smed would have *had* to move on to EQ2 at some point, so him leaving EQ and Brad jumping ship ~Luclin probably had something to do with it.

There's no doubt the "vision" got squandered after Velious, but it isn't straight up "SOE the devil's" fault. The only fault the SOE brand would have for ruining EQ is bringing in a new Producer that went away from the old hat development. Also, losing Vhalen really sucked, because he was one hell of a story-teller. EQ2 had a story arc that revealed itself over what, 7 expansions?

The documentary is great for revealing this. Although I'm not a fan of Jace Hall, it really helps show the misconceptions the community had for a long time. It's also why I have some faith in Smed for EQ Next. The guy's original vision is why we have EQ, and he along with Brad helped mold the game we're playing 14 years later.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(aside from a Wizard whom may port you up)
[Sun Jan 31 21:43:23 2016] Kerafyrm was hit by non-melee for 94 points of damage.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rathe Council for my guild. We were one of the top three to first reach PoTime... Not to brag, but Cats In Hats (CIH) on Drinal. I remember we only HARDLY lost the Rathe Council kill to... Damn it all! Their guild, on another server, began with a "T" I believe...

Very respected guild, but this thread shouldn't derail in to something it isn't...
Oh man, if p99 could recreate the original release rathe council.

It was undoable, right? Yeah yeah, I know: unfinished expansion was unfinished.

But it would be such a hoot, really, if p99 eventually recreated how freakin hard that encounter was.

And yeah, my guild on quellious did rathe council without bard mezz. That makes me a superstar!

Or -- someone who knew how to use an egg timer for an hour+.

Hey, my mobs stayed locked down, that's all I know.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People need to stop hating on the EC tunnel. It's core to the classic EQ experience.

EQ is an item-driven game and a community-driven game. The EC tunnel combines both aspects and therefore acts as the central hub of the server.

If you don't like sitting around and auctioning your items, sell them to a trader for below market rate. Or create a WTS thread on the forum and keep it bumped. It's not difficult. No one is forcing you to sit in the tunnel for 5 hours a day.

Item buying and selling in a real-time market is simply one of the major aspects of the game that sets classic EQ apart from every other MMO. Without it, the game world feels much more sterile. A classic server without an EC tunnel market is not classic at all.
^this
Old 07-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This! Verant (not Verrant, as my prior posts) wrote EQ through PoP. I do, however, believe SoE was around prior to the EQ adoption during the Velious era. I have absolutely NO evidence to back that up, however.
you insisted in the other thread on us showing you sources about Sony owning Verant, but then you make claims and openly admit you have no evidence to back it up?

huh?
Old 07-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People need to stop hating on the EC tunnel. It's core to the classic EQ experience.

EQ is an item-driven game and a community-driven game. The EC tunnel combines both aspects and therefore acts as the central hub of the server.

If you don't like sitting around and auctioning your items, sell them to a trader for below market rate. Or create a WTS thread on the forum and keep it bumped. It's not difficult. No one is forcing you to sit in the tunnel for 5 hours a day.

Item buying and selling in a real-time market is simply one of the major aspects of the game that sets classic EQ apart from every other MMO. Without it, the game world feels much more sterile. A classic server without an EC tunnel market is not classic at all.
Don't worry man, the bazaar is never going to be implemented here. Someone saying that they enjoyed a certain feature of an expansion past Velious is not an attempt to hijack P99.
Closed Thread