Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 09:45 AM
Sarnak

Default Can we discuss the state of Cleric PvP?

I've been trying to feel more comfortable as a cleric in pvp. I'd like to discover some utility I may have overlooked. Lower lvls were vanilla, and now in the 50's things have certainly ramped up. Things I've noticed:

Without a lower resists debuff you're not going to land a nuke, root, and probably not blind. Even a naked player, you're prob going to have a bad time landing a nuke. It sucks.

Blind sometimes feels it's worth a few tries, and can sometimes stick to those with high mr. It is not reliable.

When engaged alone by any other class, it feels best to DA/DB to make a run for it. Maybe gate or zone plug if an ally isn't near to assist.

With an ally, you're either taking the blows and healing up while the ally burns them down, or you're dispelling the hostile and healing your ally. DA/DB as needed. You're ally lowered their mr? Doesn't matter much as a cleric. You're not going to land a nuke, but you maybe can try to blind. Maybe lower lvl stun is worthwhile? Haven't used it on players since the latest changes.

I'm not terribly experienced in the pvp scene. Would cleric pvp be so cut and dry as I attempted to describe? Any other utility/tricks/skills I should be practicing. I feel with a decent damage weapon, you maybe could barely pressure another player with yaulp and da/quick heals.

Thanks!
Last edited by Meiva; 04-09-2015 at 09:49 AM..
Old 04-09-2015, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Journeyman's Walking Stick for -MR proc. Decent anyway if you are pre-epic.

Strike and Furor are harder to resist as level 1 and 5 spells, certainly not efficient nukes, but provides enough of a push back to interrupt spells.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:22 AM
Sarnak

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2015, 09:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Strike and Furor are harder to resist as level 1 and 5 spells
I'm curious about this statment. It seems to imply that lower level spells will land better in PVP than higher level ones. Is that true? I thought it was just about the level of the caster.
Closed Thread