Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 10:28 AM
Aviak

There can be a split-second delay between "Loading, Please Wait..." and your character actually leaving the zone on the server itself. It can lead to some irritating deaths but you should be fine if you're using it while still agro-free.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:29 PM
Kobold

Camp or buy a Shiny Brass Idol and a WC cap. Head over to East Commons and find a cleric willing to res you from a duel death. Put the Idol in your primary, and the WC cap in your open inventory. Get rekt via duel and get a res. Only loot the WC cap and Idol from your corpse. You are now ready to head to Hateplane. If you get close to the book and get seen, you can DA through the mess and not have to get ported back. If you die, all your gear is in the tunnel.

Keeping Ice of Velious off the streets of Norrath
Old 04-19-2019, 05:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Question... Why does the wiki guide firmly warn not to attempt to grab the book and WC cap out? It warns of certain death, but doesn't explain how. WC cap is instant cast... How could you possibly die in less than an instant?

I do understand you need to go up with a raid (possibly just a great group) to have a chance to get to the book. Why shouldn't I grab the book and insta gate out?
There are mobs that see through sneak/hide and they can aggro through walls. You can make it, but doing it without any aggro if it's a full spawn is gonna be unlikely unless you know the route and what to watch out for. Duane's suggestion is an excellent strat if you want to yolo it.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are mobs that see through sneak/hide and they can aggro through walls. You can make it, but doing it without any aggro if it's a full spawn is gonna be unlikely unless you know the route and what to watch out for. Duane's suggestion is an excellent strat if you want to yolo it.
Solid guide of how to get to the book, if it is up.

P99B Strazha (60 Warlock) [Iksar]
P99B Sstrix (60 Warlord) [Iksar]
P99B Sickjams (5 Bard) [EC Mule]
P99G Sauna (51 Channeler) [Gnome]
P99R Sseri (54 Mystic) [Iksar]
VZ/TZ '08-'09 Lurgort (60 Shaman) [Barbarian] <Eight Inches Unbuffed>
Old 04-19-2019, 10:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurgort/Sseri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if it is up.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-19-2019, 11:57 AM
Banned

book not up
Old 04-19-2019, 03:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurgort/Sseri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That clip is GOLD. Thank you. Bookmarked it. Should be very helpful come time.

book not up
Old 04-19-2019, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think I've watched that since it happened... even better now. I like when Tricket starts asking "What should I do?"
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 04-20-2019, 01:04 PM
Kobold

I got my Hate book after camping beside the table at a raid where I lost the roll for it. I just logged back in 8 hours later, grabbed it, and hatted out without issue. I think I had one mob smacking me when I hatted, but I didn't get low HP. You gotta be fast, so have the cap on a hotkey.

For pickpocketing the DE in Neriak, I suggest doing the following: create a level 1 necro, give it a stack of bone chips and enough plat to buy the level 1 pet, then have a friend create a dark elf to keep the guild master locked down with hails. Summon the pet and have it guard beside the pickpocket mob, then run to the zone line and have it attack the pickpocket NPC to train his whole room to the zone line. Zone out just in time while your friend chain-hails the guy, giving you time to switch to your rogue. Sneak up behind, pickpocket, and run to the ZL, preferably with SoW (and aego, etc) because he may backstab if you have aggro. Keep in mind you may need multiple attempts to get the item.
[53 Channeler] Xenk
[59 Luminary] Problem
[31 Monk] Solution
Old 04-20-2019, 04:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JickFromTholuxe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got my Hate book after camping beside the table at a raid where I lost the roll for it. I just logged back in 8 hours later, grabbed it, and hatted out without issue. I think I had one mob smacking me when I hatted, but I didn't get low HP. You gotta be fast, so have the cap on a hotkey.

For pickpocketing the DE in Neriak, I suggest doing the following: create a level 1 necro, give it a stack of bone chips and enough plat to buy the level 1 pet, then have a friend create a dark elf to keep the guild master locked down with hails. Summon the pet and have it guard beside the pickpocket mob, then run to the zone line and have it attack the pickpocket NPC to train his whole room to the zone line. Zone out just in time while your friend chain-hails the guy, giving you time to switch to your rogue. Sneak up behind, pickpocket, and run to the ZL, preferably with SoW (and aego, etc) because he may backstab if you have aggro. Keep in mind you may need multiple attempts to get the item.
Thank you, but after eight deaths I discovered the roof z axis trick. I just kept sow and de mask up and ran to zone if I agroed. Pretty simple if you have these items.
Closed Thread