Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 01:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leifer7inches [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wasn't aware of this exploit - (I think its appropriate to call it an exploit). But now that it seems common knowledge I don't think I will roll my paladin that I intended. I like classic EQ because it was fun and challenging. In '99-02 time frame I didn't work and I could play 10+ hours a day so being patient was much easier. I work and have a family now and I don't think I'd have much fun waiting in lines or doing /lists. It was tough enough to compete with other paladins to get Soulfire - now I'd have to compete with multitudes of raiders as well?

The p99 experience seems wonderful and it is free monetarily. But it is still extremely time consuming which is another kind of cost. It is disheartening to see that particular cost looking to be higher than I was planning. I really appreciate the community and especially those putting all the work into it, and I am going to try playing as much as possible. Maybe I will stick with that easy-peasy druid I first considered.
Absolutely play the character you want to play, and make some friends and quest for Soulfire the way the game intended. As mentioned above, paladin players on Blue have gotten the sword if they wanted it with only minimal issues. It may require some camping and discussions with other players in the zone but nothing more than what you'd face in trying to camp a Ghoulbane in Guk for yourself.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCause [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
was already done on red only paladins can use soulfire so easily can be done.

should be that way imo
Old 10-23-2019, 04:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SoulFire is classic to be clicked by all classes however I’d tend to agree it is Ivandyr’s adjacent due to how much it trivializes the classic raid experience.

An interesting point to investigate is faction caps. Due to Innate racial, class and diety faction adjustments, there are certain faction tiers that you can never achieve. For example a Tunare Half Elf druid who maxes crusader faction in Cabilis ends at like Apprehensively and can’t go any higher.

I’m curious if many evil class/race/diety combinations run into a similar issue with Priest of Life making the quest an impossibility for them. Perhaps I will investigate this on Live later this evening to see if that’s the case.
I MQ'd the entire Paladin 1.0 with my Iksar Monk on Live, including questing for Soulfire.

I think I actually did the quest again, and got another Soulfire just sitting in my bank.

So an Iksar Monk I guess wouldn't have as bad of faction as an Iksar Shadow Knight? But I maxed out at...above amiable for sure. Is that warmly? and it still worked.

I just killed Joren Nobleheart for the Ghoulbane.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:16 PM
Sarnak

Here's another vote for nerfing soulfire.

If this is about the classic experience and not classic to the letter, then nerfing soulfire to paladin only clickable from inventory is the only reasonable solution.

Soulfires being used by non-paladins to sustain instant engages and prolonged fights on top tier raid content was not a part of classic. As soon as players started abusing it, they nerfed it to paladin only clickable from inventory. The fact that this happened shortly after the scope of this project is not a good excuse to prevent the nerf. If we want the classic experience, then we want to raid without non-paladins abusing soulfires.

It's especially egregious to leave soulfire untouched given the treatment of ivandyr's hoop in the past.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 10-23-2019, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

Nerf Soulfire.

Artelius Lightweaver 60 PAL <Auld Lang Syne>
Old 10-23-2019, 07:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you seen https://www.project1999.com/forums/p...s&pollid=2171? If that poll is any indication (and it is just a forum poll, albeit one with a lot of response) you'll see Paladins are extremely "unpopular" relative to other classes (like Druid).

The vast vast majority of Paladin-specific stuff is going to be easier for you to get than (say) Druid-specific stuff (not like there are a ton of items on that list in classic, but still). And even Soulfire, despite raiders wanting it, will absolutely be attainable by Paladins wanting to get their epic.

I mean Blue has had raiders clicking the stupid thing (in a very un-classic way) for ten years: ask any Paladin here if it's a true impediment (I don't play Paladin, so I actually don't know the answer, but I'm pretty sure they all got their epic in spite of it).
Lol you have no idea what you are talking about most pallies dont have their epic for the simple fact of Lucan p99ers kill him and the guards too so it makes it nearly impossible for pallies to get their epics I might roll a pally on green early to get my soulfire but maybe not if this doesnt get changed hes up every 7 hours sure but theres always someone there camping him and Ive seen guilds fuck over the pallies trying to do there epic sooo https://wiki.project1999.com/Sir_Lucan_D%27Lere

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Last edited by Zekayy; 10-23-2019 at 07:26 PM..
Old 10-23-2019, 07:24 PM
Fire Giant

<--- Another Paladin throwing his name behind nerfing soulfires
Old 10-23-2019, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

They don't have 7k to buy the MQ of it for their epic?
Old 10-23-2019, 07:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol you have no idea what you are talking about most pallies dont have their epic for the simple fact of Lucan p99ers kill him and the guards too so it makes it nearly impossible for pallies to get their epics I might roll a pally on green early to get my soulfire but maybe not if this doesnt get changed hes up every 7 hours sure but theres always someone there camping him and Ive seen guilds fuck over the pallies trying to do there epic sooo https://wiki.project1999.com/Sir_Lucan_D%27Lere
I'm all for making soulfire pally only, but I gotta say if you can't get to Lucan, you're not trying very hard. I've gone in there lots of times and the room's been empty. If you can keep down the two that spawn in the room with him, people respect the camp. I've camped it a couple times, and both times I got there about 2 hours before his spawn time, kept his room down, and everyone respected it. People came or logged in and out, especially as it got closer to his spawn timer, but when they saw me there actively camping him, they left. I don't see any reason it won't be the same on green.

All that said, yeah I'd like to see that thing nerfed to pally only, clickable from inventory. It wasn't meant to be exploited the way it was on blue.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:26 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dildy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nerf Soulfire.

Artelius Lightweaver 60 PAL <Auld Lang Syne>