Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

Default Wiki Timeline Help

I've been trying to sort out the timeline on the wiki, and unfortunately I am finding patch note history from the original timeline that does not follow the Green release timeline. The post from Nilbog claims to follow the release timeline, though I wonder if this timeline was made official before some of the official patch notes that people have dug up from 1999.

Quote:
* May 2020: Plane of Hate
* June 2020: Temple of Solusek Ro opens / Legacy items cease to drop
Nilbog Sep 2019 - https://www.project1999.com/forums/s....php?p=2960116

These two release dates I am finding do not correspond with the live history patch notes.

Quote:
*Zone Enhancements*
Following the Halloween event which took place on Sunday night, the Plane of Hate was officially opened with new unique armor, weapons, and items. Please note, to enter the Plane of Hate, you must be at least 46th level or greater.
November 3rd 1999 -
http://web.archive.org/web/200102100...et/patches.htm

A November 1999 release would mean for a June 2020 P99 release if we are to stick to the classic timeline. UNLESS we are going to decide that the Halloween event on 10/31/99 was the official release of Hate. The zone may not have been available then, but that would mean for a May 2020 Hate release which I don't think any of us would hate. Still. It wouldn't be true to the classic timeline.

Then we have Temple of Sol Ro and the legacy item patch set for June 2020 on Nilbog's timeline.

Quote:
*Optional Patch*
A new zone, The Temple of Solusek Ro, is now available via the optional patch.

*General Enhancements*
- Experience and looting rights are now awarded for group aggregate damage. This is now true for ALL servers. We still consider this change in 'TEST' and will conduct a poll as to whether it positively addresses the kill stealing situation in approximately 2 weeks.
- As mentioned on Saturday, Rubicite armor will no longer spawn. The new class specific quests to obtain the new armor are now in for each class that could wear Rubicite.
- Journeyman's Boots will no longer spawn where they did but rather are the products of a quest.
- To address trade fraud (players removing items/money immediately prior to trading to deceive the other player), items/money may only be removed by clicking on the "Cancel" button.
- When receiving a text message from either an NPC or PC speaking in a language other than "Common Tongue", if the user's language skill is high enough, the language being spoken will be noted preceding the text.
- The fishing pole will now appear in the player's hand whenever the fishing skill is used.
- A number of quests were both added and enhanced throughout the zones.
October 13th 1999 - http://web.archive.org/web/200102100...et/patches.htm

An October 1999 temple release would mean for a May 2020 temple release. So... In further investigation I have reviewed the wiki change history for our master classic timeline patch note history. The site with this detailed patch info appears to have been added after Nilbog's post on the Green timeline. I feel our Green timeline is almost certainly inaccurate, and I'm a little sad about that. Nilbog, might you be adjusting the Green release timeline?

Just a little additional evidence of Temple of Sol Ro release date, and the creating of legacy items.

Quote:
The superpatch of Oct'99 removed both the Manastone and Box of Abu'Kar (sp) but it also introduced the Temple of Solusek Ro and all of it's class armor quests that were eventually improved upon with Kunark armor drops, Velious armor quests and finally the Ornate and Elemental armors of PoP. The crafted armor quests in SK for warriors were the test and template for the Sol Ro armor quests.

The expansion nerf to the manastone was about the same time that the plane of sky went live if not shortly thereafter. It was definately pre-Kunark that they announced it would no longer work in the outer planes or in any EQ expansion because it was just so unbalancing in the hands of a CH capable cleric.

The pre-PoP T-rod nerf was done for similar reasons, an endless manapool trivializes way too much content and takes the challenge out of many encounters.

The only way anyone can get one nowadays is if someone sells their old manastone.
Artulyn comment circa 2003 - https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...0&p=4#comments

Quote:
Optional Patch

- A new zone, The Temple of Solusek Ro, is now available via the
optional patch.
Oct 13th 1999 allakhazam source - https://everquest.allakhazam.com/his...ches-1999.html

And our wiki timeline. Please note that there are likely some conflicting and missing info from the additional timelines linked below the main one. I've been focused on the first timeline you see on that page.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Timeline
Last edited by Meiva; 03-05-2020 at 11:38 AM..
Old 03-05-2020, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been trying to sort out the timeline on the wiki, and unfortunately I am finding patch note history from the original timeline that does not follow the official release timeline. The post from Nilbog claims to follow the release timeline, though I wonder if this timeline was made official before some of the official patch notes that people have dug up from 1999.
I can't respond to your specific points, since I'm not a timeline expert, but I can provide context.

First off, you have to understand that the Timeline page was made by a few wiki editors (myself included) copying patch notes from other sites into the wiki ... in response to Green (prior to that the wiki only had links to some patch note sites).

But all that happened literally over a decade after this project was started, and Nilbog had been assembling his own classic timeline for ten years prior to that. So it's possible, but unlikely, that the wiki unearthed anything he didn't already know of.

Also, the Verant patches didn't come in nice monthly chunks, so Nilbog deliberately releases them in an unclassic monthly way. And I think he takes some liberties there: I don't think it's literally "If Verant released something in a 30-day period, Nilbog will release it in that month's patch" ... it might instead get released in the patch for the month before or after.

But again, none of that is to say that any of your points are wrong ... just keep in mind that Nilbog has been at this a very long time, so it's far more likely he's right and the wiki's wrong, or that he knows the exact timeline but has adjusted the releases slightly for some reason.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:58 AM
Sarnak

Heard. I suppose this is what I've honed in on. Based on the original patch notes, the Green timeline isn't going to be accurate. Being off by an entire month is.. well it's something. It's not true to Nilbog's mission from what I can gather by his post.

Quote:
The server will then progress through all patches on the same timeline as Everquest's original launch, all the way up to the last patch in Velious. This means that based on an October 2019 launch date, the following are a few major timeline changes:
Nilbog - https://www.project1999.com/forums/s....php?p=2960116

So I am just trying to help out here. If it's decided the server is not going to follow the '99 patch notes, so be it. I'm going to be having a blast. I just don't want to continue working on a timeline that turns out to be inaccurate.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Are you trying to figure out exactly when the legacy items will stop dropping? It's going to be a random amount of time after Solusek Ro drops. So wait for that, then panic.

Quote:
Solusek Temple is now available to players. The appropriate timeline item nerfs (Manastone, Jboots, Rubicite, Guise of Deceiver) will be happening within a week or two, get em while ya can.-- Rogean; 02-18-2010
Old 03-05-2020, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

I don't give a shit about legacy items man. Not my cup of tea. I did hone in on the date they were removed from loot tables, however. That would be with our May 1st patch if it follows the timeline. The Green patches are in beginning of the month single patches. This isn't how it was done on Blue as they were still developing the patches we use today. Comparing what's going on here to blue is just not going to make sense.
Last edited by Meiva; 03-05-2020 at 12:14 PM..
Old 03-05-2020, 04:43 PM
Fire Giant

If they are going to keep on with their first friday of the month gets all of the content in the corresponding months era then May 1st legacy items should be done.
I do wish they'd just put a changelog in so we know what features hit which timeline (as they release them) but I understand there is not that many staff so it's whatever. Just would be nice when August 1999 hits tomorrow it had a few bullet points like this is what is changing.
Last edited by zaneosak; 03-05-2020 at 04:46 PM..
Old 03-21-2020, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

So Temple of Sol Ro/Legacy item removal should be happening the patch before Hate based off this research, correct? Not the other way around as Nilbog initially posted.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 03-21-2020, 05:52 PM
Banned

Yea some people are far too invested in this
Closed Thread