Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 05:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I did my tank simulations, defensive CLOBBERED evasive by a huge amount. It was something like:
  • No disc: 2.5s CH chain recommended
  • Evasive: 3s CH chain recommended
  • Defensve: 4.5s CH chain recommended

I want to say that defensive and evasive don't reduce your damage output here due to replicated Verant bugs.
Vindi is also a lvl 70 mob...defensive would make the most sense for it. Lvl 60 and below is generally good for evasive.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:18 AM
Fire Giant

How about for masochists like me who like to solo on warrior, is there any use of the defensive discs or they even themselves out in dps vs mitigation?
Old 09-03-2018, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by demokatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about for masochists like me who like to solo on warrior, is there any use of the defensive discs or they even themselves out in dps vs mitigation?
Is mob scary?
Press button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is mob scary?
hold me
Old 09-11-2018, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Adding in here that while Evasive and Defensive both last for 3 minutes, Evasive has a 7 (3 on, 4 off) minute cool down and Defensive has a 10 (3 on, 7 off) minute cool down, so evasive is much more efficient in the long run in higher level grouping/mini raiding stronger mobs, such as HoT.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine this on vindi with 50 monks all with IFS or tstaff
47 man monk aow. Send tells to raev for invite.
Old 10-14-2018, 04:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Evasive mitigates 25% of the damage you would take, on average, but with variance. Defensive mitigates 35% of the damage you take, with no variance. The rule of thumb is that Defensive is better unless:

1) If there is a proc on successful hits that is nasty enough that the procs are doing more than 15% of the total damage you're taking.
2) You are in a situation where the 3 minute lower cooldown is relevant. This is generally in XPing groups, where evasive mitigates more damage over time because when used on cooldown it is active for a larger % of the total time fighting, but could also be for any sort of very extended combat situation with few or no breaks.

Which is pretty much in line with the OP's suggestion.
Evasive - You have a 25% less chance to hit and a 25% less to be hit
Defensive - You deal out 35% less damage, you receive 35% less damage

This is why evasive is used for things that are more dangerous because of their proc on hit mechanic and not for just their massive amount of melee damage.

At one point on live they made AoW hit for a flat amount each time, i think 1100, so the game was to simply not be hit, and at that point a warrior would rather use evasive because you could not mitigate any hits.

If you would like to go down the rabit hole some more THIS post is a great jumping off point to understanding the titanium client. However, keep in mind it has been changed a lot and I personally have no idea how much or how little it has changed from this post on the emu forums.

Regardless it's still great info that will put you in the mindset of what is really going on and in the end will make you a better player.
Closed Thread