Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

I wouldn't say they're being different. A lot of games sadly are going the anime/cartoon route. Look at Diablo 3 compared to Diablo 2. Path Of Exile is closer to Diablo 2's graphics.

Graphics don't make a game, but for me they can break a game. When a game looks like anime or a cartoon I'm turned off. I know this is just art and not screenshots but it shows what it will be like.

This is interesting: http://joysticklove.wordpress.com/20...kes-it-or-not/

I'm not in the teen demographic, or even the 20-something demographic. I don't want my games looking like cartoons. I'm not sure anyone can say classic EQ's graphics are good (they were good for the time though) but I find them tons better than WoW. I do love EQ's illusions, like of a massive dense forest created by huge tree trunks stretching into the sky with a green fog and sky throughout the entire zone. It's so atmospheric.
Last edited by MrSparkle001; 08-16-2013 at 03:19 PM..
Old 08-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not in the teen demographic, or even the 20-something demographic. I don't want my games looking like cartoons. I'm not sure anyone can say classic EQ's graphics are good (they were good for the time though) but I find them tons better than WoW. I do love EQ's illusions, like of a massive dense forest created by huge tree trunks stretching into the sky with a green fog and sky throughout the entire zone. It's so atmospheric.
that atmosphere
Old 08-16-2013, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/cry no ikkys = /
they're shissar slaves in the games time me thinks
Old 08-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Banned

why the GIANT SHOULDERS

sigh
Old 08-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It gets worse. Apparently if you have a webcam you can make faces and it changes the facial expression of the character you're playing.
That is called SOEmote and is an existing feature of Everquest 2. It has nothing to do with EQ:Next.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:51 PM
Banned

No Erudites irks me.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that atmosphere
It's all about that atmosphere. EQ classic was my first MMO way back in 1999 and since then no MMO has quite gotten it right. Even Kunark didn't get it right; Warsliks Wood used full , normal size trees and a blue sky and it never had the same deep forest feeling of gfay or kelethin.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by this user was banned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ1 Alpha looks more appealing than this shit.
You're mad. EQ1 Alpha looks like crap a 3-year-old would design.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's all about that atmosphere. EQ classic was my first MMO way back in 1999 and since then no MMO has quite gotten it right. Even Kunark didn't get it right; Warsliks Wood used full , normal size trees and a blue sky and it never had the same deep forest feeling of gfay or kelethin.
Antonica has more temperate forests (Kithicor) and Kunark is more tropical rainforests (EJ). They were going for a totally different style and color palette on Kunark. It's for the same reason you don't want a band you like to keep making the same exact CD over and over again.
Closed Thread