Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Would you like Green to merge with Blue at some point?
Yes 118 47.58%
No 87 35.08%
Don't care / doesn't matter 43 17.34%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2021, 09:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The question has NEVER been 'whats more popular'.

P99 is the only server with competitive PVE (IE, not cheese) raiding on all of EQEMU. Everything else is rotated.

If you want rotated content in the endgame, there is a multitude of extremely well polished options to pick from, TAKP is absolutely sensational level of fit and finish.

Why people don't understand if they want warder loot, they can go to TAKP and kill hill giants for a week and buy it in the bazaar. If they want aten ha ra neck, just join a raid guild and sit in line. The whole server is filled with people who would prefer that than raid competitively here, different strokes for different folks.
TAKP also allows boxing and has a far lower population. The environment is much different.

As much as I would wish it to happen, and as unlikely I know it is to happen, I do wish this server didn't have to be so cutthroat and competitive. I never got to see any raids back in the day, and it's still a goal of mine to one day see those raid zones here, but as it stands with all of the drama and competition, and all the folks railing against even the slightest bit of cooperation and accessibility, I worry that it will never happen.
Old 08-07-2021, 09:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Next server launch, launch two servers again... Purple and Mauve. One for current "competitive" raiding, and one where content is rotated. You know, just to see which server is more popular.
I like this idea. It would be more classic to those who had servers that the GM's headed rotations on. I remember rotations being a thing on The Tribunal.

Even if it was 3/4 weeks rotated and 1 week competitive, it would be a a mostly "hands off" server that the GM's wouldn't have to deal with drama on.
Old 08-07-2021, 09:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Next server launch, launch two servers again... Purple and Mauve. One for current "competitive" raiding, and one where content is rotated. You know, just to see which server is more popular.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeaolena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like this idea. It would be more classic to those who had servers that the GM's headed rotations on. I remember rotations being a thing on The Tribunal.

Even if it was 3/4 weeks rotated and 1 week competitive, it would be a a mostly "hands off" server that the GM's wouldn't have to deal with drama on.
For what it's worth I would love this.
Old 08-07-2021, 09:56 PM
Sarnak

I don’t really care super long term, but I don’t want to lose custom UIs, pet window, and tab target on blue.
Last edited by Stonewallx39; 08-07-2021 at 10:00 PM..
Old 08-07-2021, 10:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No do not split the population again. Competitive raiding is classic, guilds working out rotations amongst themselves is also classic. Both things can happen on the same server, it's supposed to be a social game. Don't be a sociopath and maybe it can happen
I worry about you. The raid scene in Classic inhales and has proven to be that way on both Blue and Green. Lawyerquesting is not a skill to be proud of.
Old 08-08-2021, 02:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The question has NEVER been 'whats more popular'.

P99 is the only server with competitive PVE (IE, not cheese) raiding on all of EQEMU. Everything else is rotated.

If you want rotated content in the endgame, there is a multitude of extremely well polished options to pick from, TAKP is absolutely sensational level of fit and finish.

Why people don't understand if they want warder loot, they can go to TAKP and kill hill giants for a week and buy it in the bazaar. If they want aten ha ra neck, just join a raid guild and sit in line. The whole server is filled with people who would prefer that than raid competitively here, different strokes for different folks.
Ah, the ol' "these are our servers... if you don't like them, go play somewhere else" mantra. We WOULD be playing somewhere else. You would get the hypothetical Purple hard-core server, we get the Mauve casual-friendly server. You enjoy what you enjoy, we enjoy what we enjoy. Certainly, those of us playing on a hypothetical rotation server wouldn't impact your ability to knock yourselves out raiding competitively on your hypothetical server.

The only three ways it would:
1) You wouldn't have anyone to show off your pixels to.
2) You actually don't want to compete against an entire server of like-minded players
3) Your server would have a max population of 150.

The fact that you are trying to quell the mere idea tells me all I need to know about why the 150ish hard-core "competitive" players don't want to end up on a server all by themselves, with other hard-core "competitive" players, wearing yourselves out on lawyerquest and poopsocking while the other 850 of us (probably more... players that were chased off by the current raid scene might come back) are working together and sharing, along with zero raid petitions for the GMs to handle. GMs might enjoy it so much, whoever picked the short straw and had to GM for your competitive server may just turn on PVP after the first raid petition and let you truly experience the competition you supposedly crave.

All I'm saying is... some Live servers had competitive raiding and some servers had GM-enforced rotated content. You can't set up a museum for one experience and not the other. In fact, so many people might actually enjoy a less toxic raiding endgame where they can experience VP, ST, NTOV, etc. without one or two guilds making a full-time job out of denying pixels to others, that donations for server maintenance increase significantly.

But, we'll never know... because people like you not only want to monopolize content on Blue and Green, but are instantly up in arms at the mere notion of a hypothetical next server where casual players who don't want to make a video game into a full-time job can actually enjoy raiding and being able to plan around real-life commitments instead of being forced to sit within 5 feet of their computer at the login screen watching someone stream a spawnpoint on Discord.

Thanks for letting us know you want to deny us all future pixels as well. This is so important to hard-core competitive players, we both know full well their first strategy would be to sociopathically flood the rotation server with so many guilds and alt guilds that everything becomes a 46-week rotation to ensure the server fails.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Last edited by YendorLootmonkey; 08-08-2021 at 02:02 AM..
Old 08-08-2021, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The fact that you are trying to quell the mere idea tells me all I need to know about why the 150ish hard-core "competitive" players don't want to end up on a server all by themselves, with other hard-core "competitive" players, wearing yourselves out on lawyerquest and poopsocking while the other 850 of us (probably more... players that were chased off by the current raid scene might come back) are working together and sharing, along with zero raid petitions for the GMs to handle.
QFT

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-08-2021, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Imagine a server that followed the actual classic CSR model and required players to share content instead of the combination of "camp" rules (never any such thing back in the day) and the unhealthy fiasco known as /list. Imagine the rage of dedicated sockers at only being allowed to kill one named spawn out of 2 (or 3 or 20 or whatever) at a popular camp "sorry you got the moonstone ring guys, better luck next time, it's group three's turn now". I would be so very sad for them. That alone might be enough to keep most of the sociopaths away.
Old 08-09-2021, 09:54 AM
Orc

Haven’t played in about a year. Played quite a bit at launch of classic. Always love classic servers and kunark. Myself and I know at least several others personally who just won’t play at current timeline. We just sit around and wait for another new server to launch which we will likely play 12-18 months and quit again. I do think there are a lot
Of people out there to also do this. It’s basically why TLP servers are so popular. It maintains interest and population for the game.

Anyway I voted yes as that was my original understanding of what green was to begin with and myself and several freirnds are ready to begin again
Old 08-09-2021, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivewin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haven’t played in about a year. Played quite a bit at launch of classic. Always love classic servers and kunark. Myself and I know at least several others personally who just won’t play at current timeline. We just sit around and wait for another new server to launch which we will likely play 12-18 months and quit again. I do think there are a lot
Of people out there to also do this. It’s basically why TLP servers are so popular. It maintains interest and population for the game.

Anyway I voted yes as that was my original understanding of what green was to begin with and myself and several freirnds are ready to begin again
I've been playing mostly on Blue at the moment. I have less motivation to play on Green now that they are at the same stage of progression expansion-wise.
Closed Thread