Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 07:59 AM
Sarnak

Default How-to Red P99 Guide

I’m interested in playing on red (or red 2.0 if that were actually a thing) but have never don’t pvp Everquest.

I checked the wiki and there don’t seem to be any useful guides or posts on the forums. I’m really trying to understand how each class pvps (maybe a list of the best to worst classes and there pros and cons) and more cultural stuff that you would know from playing back in the day.

Could anyone point me to something ready made or share your thoughts and experiences from pvp?
Old 09-09-2021, 08:25 AM
Kobold

druid is a good starter class for red as they are decent pvp and great in solo/groups with ports/buffs/heals,then your druid can help fund your melee toon
Old 09-09-2021, 08:26 AM
Kobold

also this https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=269654
Old 09-09-2021, 08:27 AM
Kobold

oh and when u join find a member of <Salt> in global ooc and tell um Omni sent ya
Old 09-09-2021, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Be an enchanter and do what this guy says, and win at everquest https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...78#post3359378
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:18 PM
Sarnak

Thanks, I checked out the guides and they’re definitely helpful for camps etc. I’m pretty versed in p99 been on blue (and green for a while) for 2ish years.

What I’m hoping to understand is how classes actually pvp. What spells and skills are must keep on the bar for unexpected encounters. How would a necro deal with a Druid, how do shadow knights pvp so well, just completely a noob to mortal combat in Everquest.

I guess it’s worth asking, do people even PVP on red? I talked to a couple ppl and they said “I’m just here for the open camps…”

So maybe it’s not even a thing and I’m totally off base.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

The only people playing red rn are those at max level doing raids, or their alts. You can probably solo up to 30+ without being anon and never experience any pvp, sadly. Most of us pvp players are waiting for the new server. They’ve been planning it for years now but there is no ETA as of yet.

I’m sure they’re working very hard on it behind the scenes when they get time. The devs have real jobs and things, too.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

There are some "versus" threads in this forum where people talk about various 1vs1 matchups.

In everquest the prepared attacker usually has the advantage, because they will usually attack someone during an NPC encounter.

On red 99 you want to have resist gear at least for magic so you can resist root spells and such. You also want to have all of your buffs up at all times because they all help. Always be aware of who is in the zone with you. Otherwise learn as you go, there is a lot. If you start playing you will meet people that give you pro tips.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

A good pvper is like this

you're all alone in a zone deep inside camping a mob feeling good for a long time

then all the sudden beastagores skeleton face is 2 inches from yours looking at you with those vapid green eyes shaking and swinging a sword and youre like what the fuck is happening and loading now suddenly
Old 09-09-2021, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

The one single most important thing is: monitor the blue/green forums and make sure you make it very clear to everyone you are a red player, by using words such as "bluebie", "cuck", or "pras". This is paramount. It doesn't really matter if you do actually PvP. What matters is that you take credit for it.

- Never be nice to anyone unless you intent on stealing their manastones.

- Roll a druid or a wizard, run around Norrath and see if you can catch someone afk or generally with their pants down. Gate the f out upon the first signs of resistance.

- Make sure to talk as much shit in /ooc as you possibly can. Log on a bunch of boxes to agree with yourself if you're getting your ass handed to you. That's perfectly cool.

- Secretly play on blue/green most of the time. Never admit to it.

- Never, ever use proper punctuation or capitalization in whatever you are writing. If you are actually good at written english (because you actually are a huge RL nerd or w/e) try to inject common typos / misspellings in your writing. Never write "you're", always "your".

- Never finish a sentence with an question mark - you are never supposed to ask for anything, even a reply. Example: Who are you? (wrong), "who ru" (correct). You not only avoided proper capitalization, you also avoided an interrogation mark, and used several more leet red techniques in just a few characters.

- You get extra points if you're extra bad at writing. For example, putting a space before all your punctuation .

- Never act surprised.

- Don't trust, don't fear, don't ask.

Granted, it will take you a while to learn these leet skills, but once you do - you will be unstoppable.
Last edited by Izmael; 09-09-2021 at 01:27 PM..
Closed Thread