Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2021, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

do dyrna then goto lfay and solo brownie guards until 60, you are welcome.
Old 10-02-2021, 10:22 PM
Kobold

Will Dyrna work without "premium items"? I can't afford a fungi and all I have are the FBSS and a Woodsman's Staff.

I also tried her and had to run because she does hurt. Do I just nuke with Firestrike and Call of Flame?
Old 10-03-2021, 02:50 AM
Planar Protector

When fighting buffed druids or necros I try start by spamming cancel magic spells. Even use a crystallised pumice to make things faster. Did you try that? Once broken in you can engage on spawn to save pummice plat.
Old 10-03-2021, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gherron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will Dyrna work without "premium items"? I can't afford a fungi and all I have are the FBSS and a Woodsman's Staff.

I also tried her and had to run because she does hurt. Do I just nuke with Firestrike and Call of Flame?
I leveled my ranger on her to 58. Woodsman and crystalline cloak but basically nuke on every swing. Firestrike is slow as heck but is more dps than your melee, especially unhasted. The low levels she might be a bit dodgy.
Old 10-04-2021, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

The goos in WL might be ok. They still give xp to like 59-60. They're fairly easy to kill, and each mob pops 2 little goos that drop $ gems. Spot will be much easier if you already have both epics, if not, might want to wait till like 54.

Ohh, also. If you don't have earthcaller, be sure you are carrying around swarmcaller in your bags.
Last edited by GinnasP99; 10-04-2021 at 10:04 AM..
Old 10-04-2021, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gherron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Make sure you have a Swarmcaller. Open with it, get every mob slowed, swap to Woodsman's.
Old 10-04-2021, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make sure you have a Swarmcaller. Open with it, get every mob slowed, swap to Woodsman's.
This. Rangers/Warriors are very lucky they have an easily accessible weapon with a high percentage slow proc. Invaluable for soloing and helping with slows in groups/raids. Not saying Swarmcaller is Warrior useable, I am referring to Truncheon of Doom.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 10-04-2021 at 12:47 PM..
Old 10-04-2021, 02:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

Unless its a fresh spawn you need to dispel her, she has good buffs that give her a relatively large amount of extra HP.
Old 10-04-2021, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah ranger life gets a lot better with swarm caller and a lot better again with panic animal. Before that they are OK because in vanilla they are almost as good as a warrior at a lot of things.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-04-2021, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Frankly I'd green the bards and then move to dyrna. no problem then if you nuke between swings.
Closed Thread