Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Guilty or no of 2nd degree murder?
Guilty 36 64.29%
Not Guilty 8 14.29%
He kneeled on the towers 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 02:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont recall any character witnesses for this guy, does he have no friends on his side or do they not do that for these types of cases?
There were several people the prosecution could have brought in to counter any character witness, I guarantee you it would have been ugly.

I just wish he would have testified and said something for himself, but I can just see the prosecution drilling him so damn hard he’d just dig himself deeper in a hole.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:55 AM
Planar Protector

I feel like there was 3:1 prosecution witnesses compared to defense I wonder what that was all about?
Old 04-21-2021, 03:01 AM
Sarnak

They had a LOT of medical professionals testify. And they had to, if any complication other than asphyxiation was not ruled out then there was a good chance of a not guilty verdict. I mean we are talking murder here, you’re going to want multiple opinions for obvious reasons.
Old 04-21-2021, 03:08 AM
Planar Protector

Im wondering why so little for the defense though? They just had that one guy that disagreed with all those witnesses the prosecution brought in, I thought he was going to do the exact opposite? Why not?
Old 04-21-2021, 03:24 AM
Sarnak

They had some use of force experts and doctors testify for the defense, it wasn’t so few as you put it. I felt that it seemed like enough to make a fair judgment on the case.
Old 04-21-2021, 03:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well that was predictable given the judge's pro-prosecution idiocy .That said, I'd still would have thought it would be a jury compromise on a manslaughter charge, given the persecutions case was so weak and their attorney's performance so poor. This case will eventually be appealed and overturned though due the aforementioned judge's asshatttery.
How was their case weak? They had several medical professionals testify that the asphyxiation was the cause of death and ruled out pretty much everything else. How much of the trial did you watch?

That being said, I agree with the judge said about disrespectful elected officials causing trouble with this trial. And I think Maxine Waters needs to shut up and retire already.
Last edited by this user was banned; 04-21-2021 at 03:30 AM..
Old 04-21-2021, 03:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Define "held accountable"

Doxxing? Sending a mob with pitchforks?

This isn't Twitter
We get to laugh at you and the other idiots on this forum who constantly spout dumb ignorant shit. And in the future, when you feel the urge to spout your brain on the new hot topic of the day, we get to remind you how catastrophically wrong you were.
Old 04-21-2021, 04:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by this user was banned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They had some use of force experts and doctors testify for the defense, it wasn’t so few as you put it. I felt that it seemed like enough to make a fair judgment on the case.
prosecution had 38 witnesses defense had 7.

and why would the defense want a fair judgement.
Old 04-21-2021, 04:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
prosecution had 38 witnesses defense had 7.

and why would the defense want a fair judgement.
Because that’s what you want in any trial by jury?
Old 04-21-2021, 04:16 AM
Planar Protector

the defense wants their client to get off
Closed Thread