Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2021, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This whole phenomena of willfully risking death unnecessarily is just so incredible to me. I mean, I get it: people invest their identity in Trump and QAnon, which means they have to accept Trump/QAnon beliefs or else question their identity (something we humans hate doing: we're extremely tribal creatures). That "stick to your beliefs/tribe's beliefs" force is literally stronger than our natural self-preservation force.

But even though I understand it on some level, it just feels like the bad punchline to a Simpsons joke or something. In 20 years from now, people just won't even understand how millions of Americans willfully chose to get Covid and die; it won't make any sense at all to them out of context.
It's so odd to me that vaccines have become an issue of political affiliation. Like it really is such a weird thing to have as part of a party's platform. People will really work hard to turn every single little thing into a political issue these days.
Old 08-05-2021, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's so odd to me that vaccines have become an issue of political affiliation. Like it really is such a weird thing to have as part of a party's platform. People will really work hard to turn every single little thing into a political issue these days.
There's nothing weird about it. They want to own you like human cattle. They put a rainbow drape over it, and you guys fall for it.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's nothing weird about it. They want to own you like human cattle. They put a rainbow drape over it, and you guys fall for it.
I vote republican most of the time.

It's weird because it's a simple health measure. It has nothing to do with control lol; you're speaking like a crazy person.

Also, pretty much everyone has received all kinds of vaccines in their life which have quite possibly saved them from severe medical issues at various points in time. Don't hear you complaining about the fact that you're probably vaccinated against things like polio, mumps, have a tetanus shot, etc.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:32 PM
Banned

Those things work. This clearly doesn't and you're suggesting forcing it? When it has definitely killed people?

This virus is a joke unless you're in a severe health category like being obese.

Quarantine obese and otherwise at risk people. Good idea. Experimental shot which has a chance of killing? That doesn't work? Hell no.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those things work. This clearly doesn't and you're suggesting forcing it? When it has definitely killed people?

This virus is a joke unless you're in a severe health category like being obese.

Quarantine obese and otherwise at risk people. Good idea. Experimental shot which has a chance of killing? That doesn't work? Hell no.
You realize the technology has been around for decades right? We've just never had a reason to need to use it. It was tested on the same amount of people as any other vaccine would be prior to its circulation. Also, the J&J vaccine doesn't us mRNA to my knowledge and is more in line with your "standard" type of vaccine that people have been used to (although I don't know a lot of details about J&J).

The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines aren't causing adverse reactions any more than other vaccines might. You realize you could quite literally have an adverse and possibly deadly reaction to any medication you take right? Does that stop you from going to the pharmacy and buying something, or taking medicine prescribed by your doctor? The whole "vaccine could cause me to have an adverse reaction" argument only holds up if you literally refuse to take any type of medicine ever.

I know multiple people in their 20s and 30s who died of COVID. Completely healthy (one was a triathlete) and with no pre-existing conditions. Initial data from Delta is showing that it can kill completely healthy people not infrequently; we could be looking at a much more deadly strain than we dealt with in 2020. And things only get worse if enough people don't get vaccinated because what that means is the more the virus transmits the more opportunity it has to develop into an even deadlier strain that even you would find dangerous...so we can either try and stop it now or everyone can decide to finally wake up several months from now when we have a strain of the virus that's killing over 10% of the people it infects with no regard to whether they were healthy or not before.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

still not getting the jab
Old 08-05-2021, 12:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
still not getting the jab
Unless you are very seriously (fat/old/immuno compromised) at risk, dont do it.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

You're talking to a brick wall made of fringe right conspiracy theories only retarded people can take seriously.
Old 08-05-2021, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're talking to a brick wall made of fringe right conspiracy theories only retarded people can take seriously.
Seriously. I'll talk "across the aisle" all day to people who hold different beliefs than me, but when someone says something as monumentally disconnected from reality as:

Quote:

It just makes it clear there's no point in talking: you're trying to reason with someone who doesn't live in reality. At that point it's not about party or political differences ... or logic, or reason ... it's a religious debate.

Nirgon's religion is QAnon, and nothing anyone here can ever say will make him change his affiliation.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-05-2021, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously. I'll talk "across the aisle" all day to people who hold different beliefs than me, but when someone says something as monumentally disconnected from reality as:

It just makes it clear there's no point in talking: you're trying to reason with someone who doesn't live in reality. At that point it's not about party or political differences ... or logic, or reason ... it's a religious debate.

Nirgon's religion is QAnon, and nothing anyone here can ever say will make him change his affiliation.
Yeah I mean this whole like political conspiracy theory stuff around the vaccine also makes no sense. Like if anything wouldn't the left NOT want the people on the right to get vaccinated? The more people on the right who don't get vaccinated and die of COVID the less voters there are on the right.
Closed Thread