Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2021, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, be curious. Your curiosity is going to going to make up for decades of education and training by professionals who focus on just this. But what do they know? Too bad they're not "curious" too.
Lol I cracked up at this
Old 08-08-2021, 11:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, be curious. Your curiosity is going to going to make up for decades of education and training by professionals who focus on just this. But what do they know? Too bad they're not "curious" too.
You are aware that the guy who literally developed MRNA vaccine technology is highly skeptical of the covid vaccine and has serious reservations about it's safety and efficacy?

You're just making a lazy appeal to authority, while ignoring *OTHER* professionals who disagree with the opinion you want to be true. It is highly ironic since the left loves deploying the "trust the science" mantra while not actually acting in a scientific manner.

You're also totally sidestepping the fundamental concept that it's impossible to claim something is safe in the "long term" when it hasn't existed in the long term yet. You can claim the covid vaccine is safe ten years from now, you can't claim it's safe when you have zero long term data with which to make that proclamation. At best you can say "ehhhh, it's probably safe?". My personal stance is that anyone who is particularly vulnerable to covid should get vaccinated. Those who are young and healthy probably don't need to. Oh man, what a crazy anti-vaxxer nutjob!
Last edited by Ooloo; 08-08-2021 at 11:21 PM..
Old 08-08-2021, 11:47 PM
Fire Giant

Ex-wife is board certified in medical genetics. Close friend is the Director of Pharmacy at a hospital. That doesn't make me an expert, but it makes me smart enough to not armchair quarterback because what I hear on the idiot box doesn't fit in with my political views.

I'm not ignoring other professionals. I'm discounting the few outsiders and going with the preponderance of opinion as are my ex-wife, friend, almost every other medical professional you've ever met.

For every Malone, there a Kariko or Ross who made it work and a huge group of professionals who concur with them.
Old 08-08-2021, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

No that makes you extremely biased
Old 08-09-2021, 12:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are aware that the guy who literally developed MRNA vaccine technology is highly skeptical of the covid vaccine and has serious reservations about it's safety and efficacy?

You're just making a lazy appeal to authority, while ignoring *OTHER* professionals who disagree with the opinion you want to be true. It is highly ironic since the left loves deploying the "trust the science" mantra while not actually acting in a scientific manner.

You're also totally sidestepping the fundamental concept that it's impossible to claim something is safe in the "long term" when it hasn't existed in the long term yet. You can claim the covid vaccine is safe ten years from now, you can't claim it's safe when you have zero long term data with which to make that proclamation. At best you can say "ehhhh, it's probably safe?". My personal stance is that anyone who is particularly vulnerable to covid should get vaccinated. Those who are young and healthy probably don't need to. Oh man, what a crazy anti-vaxxer nutjob!
Or you know, you could look at the extremely low rate of adverse outcomes from the vaccine in the millions of people who have taken it and then look at how that’s a lower rate than people who get COVID dying from it. Pretty easy risk based decision there.

It’s weird how P99 seems to attract low IQ people like this.
Old 08-09-2021, 12:24 AM
Banned

Covid bombs are pouring over a border that's open wide and The Obamas are partying with The Elite like it's 1999

Yet here we have Hobart pretending to be an expert (because he was married to a nurse) trying to gaslight everybody
Old 08-09-2021, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrimm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Covid bombs are pouring over a border that's open wide and The Obamas are partying with The Elite like it's 1999

Yet here we have Hobart pretending to be an expert (because he was married to a nurse) trying to gaslight everybody
Okay, Toxigen.
Old 08-09-2021, 12:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay, Toxigen.
You're an even bigger joke than Hobart

Nothing you post ever matters
Old 08-09-2021, 01:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay, Toxigen.
Lol
Old 08-09-2021, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrimm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Covid bombs are pouring over a border that's open wide
Have you got the fiscals on what detention costs compared to catch and release?

Remember who's paying.
Closed Thread