Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 05:58 PM
Banned

Default Pets should poof if master dies in one shot

I was running around in najena today on a wizard. I killed magicians with one nuke yet their pets remained and came over to attackafter their master was one-shotted. If i was a FD class, the pet would poof as soon as I cleared agro. I maintain that the pets would poof on live if the master was one shotted with a nuke and the pet had not made contact with the agroer yet. If a pet had engaged already before the master died, it would remain, but if it was jsut standing their non agro, the pet would simply poof when the master died from one nuke.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:33 PM
Banned

Confirmed classic, yes. NPC Pet should die if master is killed in one hit.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:36 PM
Banned

negative
Old 03-01-2013, 07:42 AM
Project Manager

Sure this isn't working? I reported it internally in 2010ish and I was under the impression it was functional.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure this isn't working? I reported it internally in 2010ish and I was under the impression it was functional.
i still had to kill pets after i killed magicians in najena.

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Old 03-01-2013, 11:17 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i still had to kill pets after i killed magicians in najena.
When you killed them in one shot with no additional aggro?

Example:

-Out of aggro range.
-Cast ice comet on a_magican
-a_magican dies

pet should poof because it had no aggro passed to it before the owner died.

If it is not functioning in this manner, it is a bug.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:24 PM
Banned

Also Nilbog, a successful mem blur (aggro clear) on a pet if the master is dead should poof it.

If the only fix that can be made in light of other priorities is the master one shot mechanic, that is at least more classic and gladly accepted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Thanks for acknowleding this one pal.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Banned

More on this...

We used to be able to do /pet attack on people even into Velious, but fixed during Velious (not sure exact date of fix but was Velious) to get targets across the zone. This was useful for CoHing people and worked at least on Rallos. The pet would only give chase if the target was -4/+4 levels AND close enough to the owner, but still some how could give a player target (didn't work on npcs iirc).

How I it appeared to work is like this:
1. Pet attack command is given
2. Pet makes valid target check
3. Pet makes range check from owner (sometimes there was half a second delay to pet attacking, or it'd bug and you'd hafta call it off and send it again)
4. Pet, if passes valid target check and range check, resolves pathing and gives chase

Where I think this made sense is like this. At step 3, the pet makes its range check, realizes it has no master and calls the /kill on itself. The pet also made efforts to CONSTANTLY FOLLOW its master constantly and resolve pathing (method call, to follow master). Proof of this is that if you stood in certain places, the pet became a liability because it would run all around trying to resolve its pathing to the owner.

Now.. where the pet dies. When it tries to pass a check to either follow its master, or resolve range from its master.. if it cannot see its master or otherwise does not have one.. it dies. This also matches my memory of pets would not die if given see invis and the owner went invisible (I believe we found a patch note where they changed it so charm would break regardless if owner went invisible..). However, I also recall that if necro pets were given see invisible and the owner was given invis to undead, the pet would suicide regardless. The classic memory matching Numlar (rl pal, see sig for looking him up, he's real) saying to me in pvp "invis and see invis my pet, let's go". I remember that much perfectly and Kringe will tell you the same, he played a necro well into Kunark and Velious (again, sig).
Old 03-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you killed them in one shot with no additional aggro?

Example:

-Out of aggro range.
-Cast ice comet on a_magican
-a_magican dies

pet should poof because it had no aggro passed to it before the owner died.

If it is not functioning in this manner, it is a bug.
when I was clearing magicians and goblin magicians for my epic, I would kill the mage first with scars of sigil and would still have to deal with the pet once the master dies.

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Old 03-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Also Nilbog, a successful mem blur (aggro clear) on a pet if the master is dead should poof it.
This works, did it myself a few times with the atone cleric stick.
Closed Thread